Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vtran

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
maryland
Acura TSX '12. Bought it in May.. It's my dream car :]

Attachments

• IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
2008 Silverado... it's been an awesome truck!!

Did you have any problems with the cylinder deactivation? My dad's '09 Sierra had to have a long list of things replaced, including valve lifters because they apparently can mechanically collapse. Thankfully it was under warranty, but for a truck with 40k miles, I would think a 3-year old engine would't have to get torn apart.

Mosephus

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2010
Duncanville, Tx
Are you moving the winch and everything over to the replacement? It'd be cool to see a work in progress if so...

A different winch, but yes. I'm gathering parts for the new build, it should be close to the same setup (susp, tires etc.), just abit more travel friendly. The white one was built for really only two people to travel with not alot of extra storage like luggage because of all the recovery and support tools and equipment.

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Here's my "car" that I've been commuting on about 100 miles/week for the last 2 years. Of course, it's got a stereo and iPhone dock for audio and charging! It's been great riding past gas stations that last couple of weeks and not needing to fill up!

bike%2020120324%20-%20left%20view.jpg

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
Here's my "car" that I've been commuting on about 100 miles/week for the last 2 years. Of course, it's got a stereo and iPhone dock for audio and charging! It's been great riding past gas stations that last couple of weeks and not needing to fill up!
So what's your point? This is a car picture thread. The people posting here are car enthusiasts to some degree or another. You don't have one to show? Do you need advice on adding two more wheels and a motor to what you have posted? Or is it that you think you're a better person for not driving a car and decided to be a troll about it? Please share.

BTW: you should resize your photos before posting. They are too large for display in a forum thread.

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
So what's your point? This is a car picture thread. The people posting here are car enthusiasts to some degree or another. You don't have one to show? Do you need advice on adding two more wheels and a motor to what you have posted? Or is it that you think you're a better person for not driving a car and decided to be a troll about it? Please share.

Wow - attitude much? I don't need two more wheels and there is a motor that you'd see if you weren't too busy writing obnoxious posts. I'm not trolling - I thought people on this site would be interested in an alternative vehicle (and I've owned some nice cars in the past and will again) that even has an iPhone integrated with it.

Actually, most folks probably are interested, but there's always a few like you who have to be jerks. I get at least a couple of thumbs up from people in cars every day and lots of drivers asking me about the bike all the time.

BTW: you should resize your photos before posting. They are too large for display in a forum thread.

OK - at least you had one intelligent point. I didn't realize the size since it scaled on my Mac. I just fixed this.

----------

Yup, I was right. It's a thread troll.

No, you're not right.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009

Get that elitist hipster garbage out of this thread.

Jeez calm down folks.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
When my little red Mazda become big it want to be like this one ...

image.jpg

But let see, 2 mJPY vs 30MJPY, just 15 times :eek: my car or my salary need to grow much faster

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!

What's wrong with a normal bicycle? Why is it so hard to post your electric bike in the post your bicycle thread?

Also, it's incredibly dangerous to ride a bicycle and play music. You should be putting 100% of your attention into the environment around you, there's not a big metal box surrounding you if you make a small mistake.

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California

I'm curious. Are the windshield, over-sized side mirror and stereo necessary for a bike?

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
I'm curious. Are the windshield, over-sized side mirror and stereo necessary for a bike?

I added the windshield a few months ago. It cuts a lot of wind - and wind noise - out so I can hear better. It also cuts drag. I always pedal in addition to using the motor, but I tried just motor and found that the windshield increased my battery range about 15%. Also stops stuff kicked up by cars from hitting me.

The big mirror is very necessary when I'm riding in bike lanes with car traffic. I also have a high-powered light on front and back although, after a few tries, I avoid riding in the dark. It's just too dangerous. But having the lights set to flash helps cars see me.

I added the stereo about a year ago and it really helps the ride (15-17 miles / almost an hour each way) seem to go much faster - especially when I'm stopped at traffic lights. Also works great as a speaker-phone for with my iPhone. And, yes, I pull over to make calls. Ok, almost always.

One of these days I'll get a car again. I miss my old '06 Mini Cooper S. Here's a couple of pics of it when I sold it. Is everyone happy now that I've posted a picture of a real car :)

06_mini_exterior.jpg

06_mini_interior.jpg

unfrostedpoptar

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
What's wrong with a normal bicycle?

Nothing, but it wouldn't work for my 30-34 mile/day commute with lots of hills. Even with the electric assist, it takes me almost an hour each way. It's right on the edge of practicality already and would take way too long on a regular bike.

Why is it so hard to post your electric bike in the post your bicycle thread?.

Because I didn't know there was one? And it, and my use of it, have much more in common with cars than with the packs of cyclists riding around in their spandex outfits on their $5k, carbon-fibre frame road bikes. I bought the bike to partly save money (on car and insurance), get some exercise, and reduce gas consumption and pollution generation (don't both commenting on that if you don't care about it).

Also, it's incredibly dangerous to ride a bicycle and play music. You should be putting 100% of your attention into the environment around you, there's not a big metal box surrounding you if you make a small mistake.

I appreciate that all too well. I'm constantly checking what's around me and have probably done about 10,000 miles on the bike in the last 2 years. There are generally excellent bike lanes around where I live / work which really helps (along with the great SoCal weather). I can also take some off-street paths to get away from traffic, but those routes take longer so I only take them some of the time.

I follow all traffic laws and use hand signals for turns - unlike most "regular" cyclists who I see blowing through lights all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.