Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
a8d8a0c34dda960d7c6bb073314d9bfd.jpg

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Well, it's not exactly new is it? :D According to Wikipedia your Nissan Micra was produced 1993-2002, so it's at least 12 years old, and probably worth $3k tops, today. Needless to say I don't really see the point of stating the price of ones car, no matter how cheap or expensive it may be. (unless you're asked to, of course).

Living in Denmark with 180% tax on cars the price is very important... Many of the cars posted in this thread would cost a fortune.
Im proud to be owner of an economical car:) I do not need more than 1,0 to drive to the mall (and im a terrible driver and never drive above speedlimit:)

Many of the cars posted in here would get the hummer **** finger if driven over here and you can go around for months before seeing an "american" car. Everything more than 2.0 engine is rare here... Also because there is an enviroment tax aswell. Plenty of mercedes, bmw, audi and volvo here but times are changing so now economical cars are most sold.
Oh... And the cost of my car is around 750$ used (my money is eaten by girlfriends horse and my gadgets)
I live in a small country... A bicycle country:)
image.jpg

Last edited:

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
My girlfriend and I would like to travel by car across america. Does anyone know about prices of renting a car or is it cheaper to buy one?
And gasoline prices?
Today the gasoline prices in Denmark is historical low (lowest in years)
6,7 $ pr. Gallon. (Normal price is +\- 8,47$ a gallon)

Last edited:

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
My girlfriend and I would like to travel by car across america. Does anyone know about prices of renting a car or is it cheaper to buy one?
And gasoline prices?
Today the gasoline prices in Denmark is historical low (lowest in years)
6,7 $ pr. Gallon. (Normal price is +\- 8,47$ a gallon)

You could buy a cheap car and sell it at the end, but reliability would be a huge unknown. Also, you would need liability insurance.

Gas prices here are as low as they've been in a few years. Less than $3/gallon in most places now, I believe.

Only you can decide how adventurous you want to be. The insurance might be a wild card, I would check on that before anything else.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Big ++ been a huge fan of VW family of cars. Driving a 2013 CC and wife driving 2014 Passat. May end up getting a 2016 Passat Executive Edition or Jetta GLI next year. Trying to decide.

For a while I was looking at getting a GLI, but had doubts about it because it V-Tex and not real leather and lagging on a couple of other things. Picked up the new GTI and couldn't be happier. If you are decided on the Passat or GLI, I would recommend the Passat, but I would further recommend a GTI!

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Some great taste in this thread.

Picked up a Lexus IS250 AWD on the cheap a while back for a DD/work car. It's slow, but I don't mind. I've had much quicker, but I'm getting back into bikes so I will get my speed fix there.

Not too many plans but I needed AWD for the NW Indiana lake effect weather we get. Currently mostly stock.

Next summer will be going, hopefully with Volk CE28N's 19X9.5/10.5's, F Sport front bumper, 2012 headlights with the LEDS (Almost as much as the Volk's...:mad:), F Sport sways, IS350 front rotors/calipers, BC coilovers, and Wald trunk lip spoiler. Also need some tint as the fishbowl look just isn't me.

Have a dent that will require some body work to be done and probably fix that in early spring. Thank goodness for the black paint as it should be easy to blend the paint.

Added 3M vinyl to the woodgrain interior and also added F Sport shift knob along with wrapped steering wheel and blue stitching to match the shifter.

Untitled by lockdown823, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.