Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
Has the pill button to open/close toolbars been abandoned in Lion? It doesn't appear in the screenshots (Mail, Finder) I've seen.

I'll be angry if it's gone; I love that button as much as I hate toolbars.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Has the pill button to open/close toolbars been abandoned in Lion? It doesn't appear in the screenshots (Mail, Finder) I've seen.

Appears that it is.

tourada

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Idaho

The pill button has been replaced by the fullscreen button. Posted is a screen shot of safari to show you what it looks like. There is no option to add the Toolbar control button. It may have been removed from Lion completely, or it may return in a future release. Remember, this is the first developer preview. New features will come out in the future.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 11.14.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-02-27 at 11.14.47 AM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 198

neko girl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2011
The pill button has been replaced by the fullscreen button. Posted is a screen shot of safari to show you what it looks like. There is no option to add the Toolbar control button. It may have been removed from Lion completely, or it may return in a future release. Remember, this is the first developer preview. New features will come out in the future.
Is the full screen button there for all applications, or just those that support special full screen mode?

tourada

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Idaho
I thought the green button was the full screen?

The green doesn't really do full screen. It just optimizes the window to the screen. however, it keeps the dock and menubar. (And does not work well with widescreen) Fullscreen in Lion removes everything but the current application/page

jamied95

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
In Lion, when they demoed it, I thought they said that the green button (+) was now going to be the full screen button, which makes the program full screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.