Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I just find it tiresome when people apply an overly simplistic view to something. It isn’t theft, people need to label it appropriately.

You are rather amusingly confused here.

If you're concerned about taking a simplistic view of things, I'm surprised you'd try to state the issue in terms of a false dichotomy. It's utterly straightforward here that theft is the central issue, in the form of stolen server resources. I'm not sure how you could have missed that since it's the central reason the developer gives for pulling the game. Of course, you can *also* make a case for copyright infringement.

If you don't like simplistic views keep in mind the various parties here, mainly: the developer, the people using the pirated software, the people distributing the pirated software, and the legitimate users of the software. And then consider the various interactions between them, determine which ones are legitimate or illegitimate, and what labels might accurately be applied to each.

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011
I feel like the developers could have priced it lower than $5 :) I guarantee more people would have bought it instead of pirating it.

If 5 bucks is too much for a game, we are all doomed anyway. The long tail leads to incredible mediocrity.

iDento

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
iCloud Servers
do you also label your rent as theft?
[doublepost=1526617830][/doublepost]
I wonder how you would react if your employer didn't pay you this month
here's a bridge, now get over it?
[doublepost=1526618127][/doublepost]
untrue
the producer is deprived of his cashflow
money was stolen
I've rented apartments before, then I got a decent job and purchased a house. I can't do that with apps, I have no option to purchase it.

Ferc Kast

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The Multiverse
I've rented apartments before, then I got a decent job and purchased a house. I can't do that with apps, I have no option to purchase it.

CC80D93E-81BA-40BE-BB5E-130B97B410A7.png

You were saying?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if you people don’t think a product is worth paying for, you shouldn’t be using it. And if you do think it is worth paying for then pay for it.

Reactions: grandM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.