Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
There is already a thread on "WWDC Turnout" - a Poll, in fact. Asking whether we were highly dissapointed or extremely satisfied.

Too bad WWDC hasn't happened yet...:confused: :rolleyes:

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
2nyRiggz said:
Heres another one..."Will 10.5 work with PPC?"

Bless

To each and every one of those questions I will be replying the following:

"No it won't work with PPC, Tiger required a hack to work with PPC machines and the hack won't work on Leopard."

Then I'll watch the fur fly.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Chundles said:
To each and every one of those questions I will be replying the following:

"No it won't work with PPC, Tiger required a hack to work with PPC machines and the hack won't work on Leopard."

Then I'll watch the fur fly.
I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Apple has written a Rosetta-equivalent that runs Intel code on PPC systems. Leopard will install that on PPC machines, and then everything else will be emulated.

Performance might suffer, and predictions are that you'll need 4GB RAM or more to work (especially running things like Office, because it'll run under Rosetta which will be running on top of the Intel emulator).

Chundles

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
jsw said:
I hate to say it, but you're wrong. Apple has written a Rosetta-equivalent that runs Intel code on PPC systems. Leopard will install that on PPC machines, and then everything else will be emulated.

Performance might suffer, and predictions are that you'll need 4GB RAM or more to work (especially running things like Office, because it'll run under Rosetta which will be running on top of the Intel emulator).

Well, that will be fine. I should get by on 2.5GB of RAM after I put this 2GB DDR2 SO-DIMM that I just bought for a lot of money with no returns offered into my late-2004 G4 iBook.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
yg17 said:
The iHome photos weren't taken in an elevator, so I think they're fake.

YEAH THEY WERE ZOMG @ YOUR FACE STEVE JOBS SHOWED IT TO ME YESTERDAY ROFLOMGRAWRBRBJKOMGLMAO :mad: :D

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Where can I download Leopard. You know.... Like without paying'n stuff.

Power Mac vs Mac Pro thread!

OMG! Steve coughed once during the keynote! HE'S DIYING!!!! OMG OMG!

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
What features do you think the new iPods will have ;)

i hate that the post WWDC floods that happen on the threads -- can't get any useful information because everybody is posting new threads every quarter of a second --- maybe 5 people have a chance to see a previous thread.

what's a boy to do when his baby starts being erratic.

but i am curious to see if a ultra portable Macbook Pro will be released

money is on x-serve and mac pro's though

back to the betting.

1. will be the second post when the forum come online
2. will be the first post
3.their will 3 new posts simultaneously created and instantly flooded, competing for first place post right along with the "i'm disappointed forum" that will still win because their are more whiney the stupid people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.