Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Sorry to continue the thread 2 years later. Just've found @zjazz's post in " Pleae help: Lion recovery erased my hd!!!!! " (Aug 9, 2011, 05:45 PM).

Wondering if @zjazz find the solution ? I've got the the *very* same frustrated issue and am trying to fix it.

iPartition demo 3.43 & StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery 6.00 knows the "Recovery HD". I bought StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery but it doesn't help. Data Rescue 3.23 doesn't even know there's such a partition.

If iPartion would do the job, I'd definitely pay. Any other partition recovery app recommended please?

I'm a doc filmmaker and I'm afraid that I might lose 2TB location DSLR mov footage forever. Pls help, thank you very much.

-system: rMBP13/ OS X.85/ external 3TB RAID via USB 3.0 ( how stupid to install "Recovery Disk Assistant" in this media drive w/RAID1 setup )

I'm unclear as to what exactly you are trying to do, but, if it is "see" all the partitions on a hard drive (including hidden ones) this article may help:

Manage all partitions with Disk Utility in OS X | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

zjazz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Sorry to continue the thread 2 years later. Just've found @zjazz's post in " Pleae help: Lion recovery erased my hd!!!!! " (Aug 9, 2011, 05:45 PM).

Wondering if @zjazz find the solution ? I've got the the *very* same frustrated issue and am trying to fix it.

iPartition demo 3.43 & StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery 6.00 knows the "Recovery HD". I bought StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery but it doesn't help. Data Rescue 3.23 doesn't even know there's such a partition.

If iPartion would do the job, I'd definitely pay. Any other partition recovery app recommended please?

I'm a doc filmmaker and I'm afraid that I might lose 2TB location DSLR mov footage forever. Pls help, thank you very much.

-system: rMBP13/ OS X.85/ external 3TB RAID via USB 3.0 ( how stupid to install "Recovery Disk Assistant" in this media drive w/RAID1 setup )

So you ran recovery on your HD that had your personal files? Or you planning to run recovery on HD that has your files? If you plan then stop doing it and get another HD for that because it will erase EVERYTHING from you HD!!!! Use separate HD!!! Hope this helps because any of partition programs mentioned above will not recover erased data!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.