Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RemyX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
So my brother and I were playing WoW. He was using the laptop and all of a sudden the display goes crazy. The graphics were completely messed up. It reminded of how it looks on the PC side when you overclock the graphics card and artifacts (i think thats what it's called) show up. Anyway, we quit the game and the desktop looked the same way. We put the laptop to sleep and opened it up again and the problem was gone. He went into the game again and it happened again. I'm thinking something is wrong with the graphics card. It's getting worse now because it's there all the time now. It wont go away even if i put it to sleep. My warranty just ran out with Apple this past november. It's an old powerbook G4 15'. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

-Remy

RemyX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Thank You!!!

It worked. Thank you soo much. It wasnt just happening with WoW. It happened with anything that used graphics. Even the simple RSS screensaver. It works now though. Thank you sooo much. Really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.