Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlizzardWolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
on my ipod, when i go to artists --> all, the songs are not in alphabetical order.... is it possible to view all of the songs of an artist in alpha order rather than by track order?

i dont know how to sync this with itunes...

thank you for your help

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
they are in album order,

Im not sure if there is a way to change it, however I would like to know too! :)

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I don't think that there is a way to get them listed by alpha. It's just by album and I guess that's just how it is. :rolleyes:

It would be a nice addition to change that in future iPods or updates.

BlizzardWolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Well if I deleted all the album names in itunes, would that solve the problem? since it's arranged by alpha order according to album name, if there are no album names it'll just be by song names then?

BlizzardWolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Maybe...

Thats a bit extreme i think!

I think it's worth it though... it's so hard to search for the songs when it's all scattered around....

right now i figured out that i have to delete all track numbers and album names to get it to go into alpha order.

BlizzardWolf

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
ok yeah, so i figured it out... i dont have time to explain it now but if anyone reallly wants to know, reply to this thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.