Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grahamtearne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Hi, I would like to start off by saying I have seen some fantastic work on these forums and they have inspired me to try and make some of my own work as I have always been interested in digital video. Anyway my work wont be up to your standards but I must start somewhere!

Anyway here goes, this is my second piece of work, my first solo. My first being a typical star wars style film where I done some rotoscoping etc, you know the usual boring stuff. I learnt a lot from that as our first attempt, we used too many long shots which resulted in jumpy footage, some facial shots etc would have broken the footage up and more camera angles would have been useful to keep the footage flowing. This was edited with a few mates as a college project using premiere. I really enjoyed this and so I went out and got a copy of Final Cut Pro for my new MacBook Pro. And this is my first attempt at using it.

At college we were looking at visual communications and we had to create a short video to portray one of the following words 'love' 'rage' 'jelousy'. I chose to do rage. With this being visual communications we were not allowed to use any sound so it is a short silent film (only 1minute 30seconds). I done it all alone, all the preproduction and post production so this is all my own work and i am fairly proud of it as my first solo project. It took around 30mins to capture the footage and around an hour for me to edit it, the graphics didnt take long as they are nothing fantastic lol. However I also know there is a lot of room for improvement, but nevertheless here you go, let me know what you think. Thanks.

Click Here

grahamtearne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Thank you for your comments. The graphics were a last minute addition. The video was all editied and was nearly submitted to my teacher but i decided to just throw those together in photoshop. Overall I am farely pleased with it as I think (for a silent film) does what its intended to do (show rage visually). I would have liked the 'beating' at the end to have been acted better but hey my main goal from this was to tocuh up my post production skills and create a silent movie showing rage, which I think I achieved.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.