Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sultan13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2018
Germany
looks like ipad and iphone has sometimes a problem with some websites in safari.

for example: with iphone or ipad , when i surf on "www.quora.com" it shows funny flickering all the time when scrolling on to next answer /question and stop on wrong place.
it never happened in "mobile website" version in safari, only in the desctop version.

so to reproduce this flickering:
- go on this website "www.quora.com"
- click on one of this questions/articels
- switch to "desktop website" if you are not allready in
- scroll down in the question article , and you will see it will load the new answers/new question when you scroll more down
- when you stop scrolling exactly in this line /gap where it reloads next articels the sreen start to flicker until you scroll up or down again.

looks like wrong refreshing programmed in this website. or? i get same results with ipad and iphone. you have same with all your ipad and iphone devices?
very annoying in scrolling, so i only use mobile version there.

Sultan13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2018
Germany
OK - forgot I had a login credential there. I was able to recreate the issue on my 2021 12.9 Pro. I'd say it's a web site implementation error on Quora's part.
super. so i know its not my bought ipad 2018 version problem or iphone xr. thank you very much.

Reactions: sparksd
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.