Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Hi,

Plz can someone help me, i have the new 2015 mid Macbook Pro Retina with AMD graphics and i just updated to Windows 10 and now all drivers are messed up like screen resulotion so i went to re download bootcamp drivers but as i already have bootcamp there isnt option to download them and the apple web site only has the bootcamp drivers for olders macs, where can i re download the 2015 mid macbook bootcamp drivers would love it if someone can help me :)

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
Hi,

Plz can someone help me, i have the new 2015 mid Macbook Pro Retina with AMD graphics and i just updated to Windows 10 and now all drivers are messed up like screen resulotion so i went to re download bootcamp drivers but as i already have bootcamp there isnt option to download them and the apple web site only has the bootcamp drivers for olders macs, where can i re download the 2015 mid macbook bootcamp drivers would love it if someone can help me :)

Sorry, much older hardware here. What you can do is to edit the OSX configuration files in a way that you can re-download the drivers ( bootcamp ). I did this in the past but it's a long time ago ... search the forums and you will find the info.

Hope that helps.

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
You need to change the info.plist file of the Bootcamp package.

Please find a documentation before you edit and copy it to have a backup.

Last edited:

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
I copied that for you. I did NOT test it. Back up OSX before you mess something up.

Before you do anything, make a backup of Info.plist or the whole Boot Camp Assitant app so that you can go back if necessary. Rename it something like "Info old.plist" or "Original Boot Camp Assistant."

First, edit the plist of Boot Camp Assistant:

1. Go to Applications/Utilities
  2. Right click Boot Camp Assistant and view package contents
  3. Find Info.plist in the Contents folder and edit it in Text Edit (it will make you duplicate the file first)
  4. You want to edit FOUR things:
    • Add your model to DARequiredROMVersions
    • Delete the word "Pre" from UEFIModels and add your model
    • Delete the word "Pre" from USBBootSupportedModels and add your model
    • Remove your model from Win7OnlyModels (if its there)
To add your model to these lines, just copy and paste an exsiting row and replace the data between the two tags with your model code. You can find the right codes to use for the plist by going to Apple Menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report. Use the "Boot ROM Version" and "Model Identifier" as appropriate in the plist.

1. Once you make these changes, save the file and replace the old Info.plist with your new one. It will ask you to type your password.
The last step is to do a code sign. Boot Camp Assitant will not run if it's been edited. You need to resign it. Open Terminal (use spotlight to find it) and type this:

sudo codesign -fs - /Applications/Utilities/Boot\ Camp\ Assistant.app

It will probably ask for your password. Then it will say you need to download a developer tool from Apple. Agree to download it. (You don't need to install the whole X-Code, if it asks.) Once its been installed (its automatic), you need to go BACK to Terminal and run that command again. This time it will work.

After you've done that - open your hacked Boot Camp Assitant (it should run now) and have it make the Windows installation drive for you. Have the Windows ISO handy, and plug in a flash drive thats about 4-8 GB or more. The entire flash drive will be erased. This process can take a while. When its done, restart your mac and hold the option key. The USB drive that Boot Camp made for you will be there for you to install windows from. Its a yellow disk icon labeled EFI Boot.

Last edited:

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I copied that for you. I did NOT test it. Back up OSX before you mess something up.

Before you do anything, make a backup of Info.plist or the whole Boot Camp Assitant app so that you can go back if necessary. Rename it something like "Info old.plist" or "Original Boot Camp Assistant."

First, edit the plist of Boot Camp Assistant:

1. Go to Applications/Utilities
  2. Right click Boot Camp Assistant and view package contents
  3. Find Info.plist in the Contents folder and edit it in Text Edit (it will make you duplicate the file first)
  4. You want to edit FOUR things:
    • Add your model to DARequiredROMVersions
    • Delete the word "Pre" from UEFIModels and add your model
    • Delete the word "Pre" from USBBootSupportedModels and add your model
    • Remove your model from Win7OnlyModels (if its there)
To add your model to these lines, just copy and paste an exsiting row and replace the data between the two tags with your model code. You can find the right codes to use for the plist by going to Apple Menu > About This Mac > More Info > System Report. Use the "Boot ROM Version" and "Model Identifier" as appropriate in the plist.

1. Once you make these changes, save the file and replace the old Info.plist with your new one. It will ask you to type your password.
The last step is to do a code sign. Boot Camp Assitant will not run if it's been edited. You need to resign it. Open Terminal (use spotlight to find it) and type this:

sudo codesign -fs - /Applications/Utilities/Boot\ Camp\ Assistant.app

It will probably ask for your password. Then it will say you need to download a developer tool from Apple. Agree to download it. (You don't need to install the whole X-Code, if it asks.) Once its been installed (its automatic), you need to go BACK to Terminal and run that command again. This time it will work.

After you've done that - open your hacked Boot Camp Assitant (it should run now) and have it make the Windows installation drive for you. Have the Windows ISO handy, and plug in a flash drive thats about 4-8 GB or more. The entire flash drive will be erased. This process can take a while. When its done, restart your mac and hold the option key. The USB drive that Boot Camp made for you will be there for you to install windows from. Its a yellow disk icon labeled EFI Boot.

Thank you for this appricate it but i already have windows 10 installed all i need is to download the bootcamp drivers but when i go to the boocamp assisdent it doesnt give me option to re download offical bootcamp drivers only to restore and earse my bootcamp which i dont wanna do

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
Thank you for this appricate it but i already have windows 10 installed all i need is to download the bootcamp drivers but when i go to the boocamp assisdent it doesnt give me option to re download offical bootcamp drivers only to restore and earse my bootcamp which i dont wanna do

The option should be there again after you did the changes IIRC. I did this years ago, cannot help more.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
The option should be there again after you did the changes IIRC. I did this years ago, cannot help more.

thanks for your help its to confusing for me to do :( i wish someone with the same bootcamp drivers could upload it somewhere

jerry512

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2006
San Francisco
I just installed Windows 10 Pro on 2015 MBP 15" with
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Windows tried to download driver but install failed. I finally manually installed driver from the boot camp thumb drive as they were listed. Bootcamp/drivers/AMD

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I just installed Windows 10 Pro on 2015 MBP 15" with
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Windows tried to download driver but install failed. I finally manually installed driver from the boot camp thumb drive as they were listed. Bootcamp/drivers/AMD
How do you get the filea the latest apple site boot camp drivers are not for new one can u send me right drivers plz :)

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
dan,

load up OSX

open bootcamp assistant

select "download the latest blah blah blah"

RACHnCu.png

RACHnCu.png)

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
dan,

load up OSX

open bootcamp assistant

select "download the latest blah blah blah"

RACHnCu.png

RACHnCu.png)
I cant :( it only says restore os x bootcamp like deleting it and restoreing hard drive dont have this option :(

kepler20b

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2014
according to this page, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204048

apple has yet to release a standalone download-able driverset for MBP 2015.

you have to download it through Bootcamp assistant. If you cannot see the option to download drivers, I'm not sure how to proceed.

I think you should just backup whatever stuff you need in windows, and restart your bootcamp partition as w8 or w7.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
according to this page, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204048

apple has yet to release a standalone download-able driverset for MBP 2015.

you have to download it through Bootcamp assistant. If you cannot see the option to download drivers, I'm not sure how to proceed.

I think you should just backup whatever stuff you need in windows, and restart your bootcamp partition as w8 or w7.
Thats so annoying :( do u or know anyobe that has them already

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
I get off work in a few hours, Ill get the drivers and figure out how to send them to you. Maybe a dropbox link

Cuniac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2013
Phoenix
I sent the link to your email you provided. The link is only going to be good for a day so please get it soon.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I sent the link to your email you provided. The link is only going to be good for a day so please get it soon.
I cant thank you enough it has all worked ans saved me so much timed, its people like you that make me happy to be part of this forum, thank yOu so much for your time :)

aeirya

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2015
Hi,

Please help me. I have the exact same problem and i can't find boot camp driver of my rMBP mid-2015
can you do something for me. pleease

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.