Poofed Documents Icon

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ogbeesh, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Ogbeesh macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2005
    Not a big deal, but I accidentally moved my "documents" icon out onto the desktop and poof, it disappeared. I created another folder and called it documents, put it back, but cannot get the original icon back.

I've been able to get a generic documents folder icon and paste that on the folder, but not the original icon that panther came with ( the icon of a piece of paper, but with a folded corner, emboldened ).

Although I do know how to copy an icon over another icon, I'd like to know if it's possible to get a copy of original icon back to paste over it. I've tried to copy of other users on my G5 iMac, but it only gives me an icon of a folder with a picture of the paper with the folded corner on it, not the paper with folded corner by itself.

Any solutions?

Thanks folks.
  2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Aug 23, 2003
    Fort Myers, FL
    Did you move it from the sidebar? It would go "poof" but there should still be a Documents folder within Home.

3. Ogbeesh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2005
    Poofed documents (cont.)

Yes, from the sidebar. The documents folder was able to be retained, but not the original icon that shows in the sidebar. So I now have it replaced with a generic document folder.

See attachment.

Attached Files:

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    I removed mine ages ago. I just tried dragging the Documents folder from my user directory and got the icon you want.
  5. altair macrumors regular

Nov 22, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Ya, dont make a new folder, just navigate to your home directory and pull the folder called documents to the sidebar.

home directory can be accessed by clicking on the "Home" in the sidebar.
  6. fossicker macrumors newbie

Jul 2, 2004
    And if you've lost your home directory from the sidebar, you can get it back by going to Finder Preferences
  7. Ogbeesh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 13, 2005
    poofed documents icon

Thanks folks for all your help. Got it back.