Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ogbeesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Not a big deal, but I accidentally moved my "documents" icon out onto the desktop and poof, it disappeared. I created another folder and called it documents, put it back, but cannot get the original icon back.

I've been able to get a generic documents folder icon and paste that on the folder, but not the original icon that panther came with ( the icon of a piece of paper, but with a folded corner, emboldened ).

Although I do know how to copy an icon over another icon, I'd like to know if it's possible to get a copy of original icon back to paste over it. I've tried to copy of other users on my G5 IMAC, but it only gives me an icon of a folder with a picture of the paper with the folded corner on it, not the paper with folded corner by itself.

Any solutions?

Thanks folks.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Did you move it from the sidebar? It would go "poof" but there should still be a Documents folder within Home.

finderwindow10082003.jpg

Ogbeesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Poofed documents (cont.)

Yes, from the sidebar. The documents folder was able to be retained, but not the original icon that shows in the sidebar. So I now have it replaced with a generic document folder.

See attachment.

Attachments

• missingDocsIcon.jpg
    missingDocsIcon.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 82

altair

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2002
Seattle, WA
Ogbeesh said:
Yes, from the sidebar. The documents folder was able to be retained, but not the original icon that shows in the sidebar. So I now have it replaced with a generic document folder.

See attachment.

Ya, dont make a new folder, just navigate to your home directory and pull the folder called documents to the sidebar.

home directory can be accessed by clicking on the "Home" in the sidebar.

fossicker

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2004
altair said:
Ya, dont make a new folder, just navigate to your home directory and pull the folder called documents to the sidebar.

home directory can be accessed by clicking on the "Home" in the sidebar.

And if you've lost your home directory from the sidebar, you can get it back by going to Finder Preferences

Ogbeesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
poofed documents icon

Thanks folks for all your help. Got it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.