Popover tutorial?

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by OmegaRace, Jul 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've put too many hours into trying to get a popover to work, to no avail.

I can get the popover itself to pop up, but I cannot put anything into it, it seems.

My biggest problem (and question) is, how to prepare the XIB to be compatible with a popover? When I create a new view XIB and populate it with buttons and save it, it is always rejected and I get an error on the console.

The error in question complains that there is no view outlet.

I guess I need a good tutorial on populating the popover.

Thanks for any clues.

2. macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Ofcourse there is, if you create a popover instance, you can literly tell it what XIB to load. U didn't show us any code what you have tried, but you also just said.
    No view outlet was set.. I think that should have made u think of what couldve happened. Means your ViewController xib, has a view property (because you said it's a UIViewController), but u haven't told the XIB what view to use.
    That's basic XIB building, so that shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that even when I set the view outlet, it still refuses to load.

4. macrumors 65816

jnoxx

That's weird, and not normal, but without seeing anything, I can't really help you. I just did this yesterday, and worked fine. probably will be a small setting in your XIB or something, assign the good class etc.