Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Long story short: I was waiting for the updated G5s like a lot of others. My dad has loaned me the money in the name of a tax right off for him. There was no deadline on the purchase date but now he has started a new job, the set aside money needs to be spent before the end of June.

SO!

I will probably pick up the dual 1.8 tonight but I figured I should double check with the powers that be to make sure I won't miss out and new ones will be released before that date.

Being in Australia, I don't want to run the risk of having late release dates and not being able to use the money.

Besides as a bonus dad is giving me the GST part back so I'm getting an iPod too!

Exactly what are the chances of Apple releasing before the 26th?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
had you asked a month ago, I would have said chances were still good that apple would release before WWDC and have another big announcement then. But now... it will be WWDC. They've waited a year; I don't think they'd update on some random tuesday now, when they are so close.

edit: just to clarify. No one can say "positively" with apple. They do what they feel like, and don't give any notice. But at this point, no G5s before WWDC is as safe a bet as you'll get with apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.