Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmcneil

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Yosemite faster?

Similar experience with install. Everything seems crisper and faster in the interface. I am seeing some issues with Parallel v10, but haven't spent a lot of time in it yet.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
It's a pretty good experience. Have been using it for about 2 weeks and it's very fast on the latest rMBP. Most apps open in less than a bounce. Battery life seems improved. Not a fan of the 2D dock, default font (already changed back to LG) or translucency but apart from that it's better than Mavericks.

hatuko

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2014
Espoo, Finland
Been running Yosemite for a hour and I am loving it! Feels definitely faster and I like it overall. The only thing I haven't managed to get to work is Continuity/Handoff or whatever is that feature that lets you pass from a device to another and continue the work. I tried with Safari and Mail for instance but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

robkat

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Scotland
Yosemite Installation

Just installed Yosemite on early 2008 iMac. Easy. No problems on any applications so far. very pleased.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Been on the public beta, Airdrop is my favorite feature and is working amazingly well, my Macbook is on Ethernet and still works perfect even with iOS 7.

Everything has just been great so far.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I haven't upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite on my main partition yet (going to wait a few more days to see if there are any major bugs), but I have been using the PB occasionally and I love it! The only bug that I saw when using the PB was jagged text in dark mode (in the Menu Bar drop downs and such).

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Just installed Yosemite on my 2012 iMac earlier this evening and right now my rMBP is in the process of installing it as well. So far I am very pleased with it -- Safari is snappier! :)

I like the clean look of the Helvetica Neue font -- in fact, that is the font I've used as my default email font for years. I also rather like the transparency thing and the way the dock picks up the background/wallpaper colors. It will take me a little time to get used to the new look of the dock icons, though.....

eco7777

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
It gives my 2011 MacBook Pro a whole new life! it's like having a new computer altogether! So glad I didn't wait to upgrade to Yosemite!

I hated the look when i first looked at it online.

I have a 2011 Macbook pro and was having lots of Kernel Panics and some issues.

The darn thing is flying now and haven't had a KP in two days.Knocking on wood!!!!

Pretty or not, so far is working good.
Safari is absolutely great!
Also Itunes!

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Love it. This is the fastest my Mac has ever felt. The little touches with iMessage and Mail really make the user experience so much better.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Just clean-installed it on a separate partition on my early '09 iMac 24" and so far I'm much more pleased with it than I was when I first installed 10.9 same time last year.

Still have the wake-from-sleep bug that shows the wrong time on log-in screen. But I had that bug in 10.9 so I can't complain too much.

After inputting all my settings, iCloud, etc.... I had one issue where my Notes app was showing duplicates for all notes. Found that it was seeing two iCloud accounts, the same one twice. Fixed it by signing out and deleting all iCloud off the mac then re-enable. Seems to have fixed it.

Performance is surprisingly smooth on this old mac and safari scrolling is buttery smooth, more so than 10.9.

Will be testing this for a week before full migration, in the meantime I'll keep the 10.9 partition intact but pretty happy with it so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.