Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
Here is the inside of my 15" MBP

Attachments

• Image037.jpg
    Image037.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Image038.jpg
    Image038.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 52

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
All Mac Pros look the same pretty much, yea. But not all Macs look the same. Take, for example, another Mac of mine:

A Mac Plus. Rather different looking, don't you think?

blakespot

Wow... at first I never believed that story of how Steve Jobs was especially anal about the layout of the chips on the original Mac's motherboards (they had to be arranged "pretty", otherwise he would not be satisfied). But after looking at that picture, I don't doubt it one bit.

sinigang99

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2007
Wow... at first I never believed that story of how Steve Jobs was especially anal about the layout of the chips on the original Mac's motherboards (they had to be arranged "pretty", otherwise he would not be satisfied). But after looking at that picture, I don't doubt it one bit.

It was true. I was a pcb layout designer from '82 -'91. He wanted the inside to be as pretty as the outside. Back then, with the slower digital technology, it was possible to layout boards in that style. Not possible anymore with the fast speeds and rise times.

blakespot

Administrator
Original poster
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Here's the inside of a similar-era computer: an Atari 520ST, powered by an 8MHz 68000. (Actually, 0.2MHz faster than the Mac's.)

Not quite as pretty, but not so bad.

blakespot

Maxwell Smart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Here are two clamshells that recently went under the knife (Click for Flickr):

And here is the inside of my SE/30, there are a series of pictures after the link

shu82

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2007
Rocket City, AL

That is smart. Quality control would be much easier! That is a mac even I could build from scratch with a board and a box full of chips.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Nice to see though that you've evolved from using '***hole' to 'arsehole' in the short time you've been here. Well done – we'll have you talking proper in no time. ;)
actually it was only because the other (and more familiar) alternative would have been censored. ;) not that I don't enjoy stealing phrases and such.

Glad my labeling amused several of you. :eek: :D

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
Don't have pics of the rest of it, but here is the lid/keyboard from my powerbook during a successful attempt at fixing it's narcolepsy (need to update sig... again)

Attachments

• pbooklid.jpg
    pbooklid.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 65
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.