Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pakyooh

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2009
California
Before their summer cut...

MuraKami (Lhasa Apso)
7160491160_ecbc7df3d5_c.jpg

HaraJuku (Shih Tzu)
7160488336_b296670783_b.jpg

TheDrizzle-0

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
I havent seen a chihuahua yet so heres my dog! His name is Mojo, that bandage has been removed now, he some how tore on of his nails and it was just hanging there

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 68

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I don't have any pets but I like to visit our local swan family in the city docks.

swans.jpg

There's something so sad but fascinating and encouraging about them utilizing our human rubbish to build their nest. Even the swans adapt to a "Keep calm and carry on" attitude. :)

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Crazy cottagers

They hog up the space :) ...and the camera

Attachments

• fun.jpg
    fun.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
  • fun2.jpg
    fun2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • fun3.jpg
    fun3.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I became a proud pet parent today! (Well I have my kitty Dylan but he lives with my parents since I can't have pets in my apartment).

My frogs: Nathan and Issac. Props to whoever guesses where those names come from ;)

I keep coming back to this thread to look at the frog pictures. If I can get over feeding them live insects as I know I'll feel bad doing so, I am going to get my own frogs. Frogs are one my favorite animals, and I'm not allergic to them.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I keep coming back to this thread to look at the frog pictures. If I can get over feeding them live insects as I know I'll feel bad doing so, I am going to get my own frogs. Frogs are one my favorite animals, and I'm not allergic to them.

I'll have to post some whenever I find where my camera gear went. Its somewhere packed away during my move (I just moved to a new city).

They're getting much bigger!

It does suck feeding them live crickets but I'm used to it now. I make it fair though, the crickets have plenty of hiding spots and i place food for the crickets randomly throughout the tank so the frogs can't camp the cricket food.

I also don't see them eat the crickets since they only come out at night.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010

Frogs are one of my favorite animals, and I'm not allergic to them. I like birds too. Lineolated parrots are awesome as they'll lower their heads and run along branches. They're quite fun to watch.

I'll have to post some whenever I find where my camera gear went. Its somewhere packed away during my move (I just moved to a new city).

They're getting much bigger!

It does suck feeding them live crickets but I'm used to it now. I make it fair though, the crickets have plenty of hiding spots and i place food for the crickets randomly throughout the tank so the frogs can't camp the cricket food.

I also don't see them eat the crickets since they only come out at night.

It would still bother me, but I'm going to think on it. It's also likely that I'd have to drop them off with someone if I went out of town. I don't know if it's easy to transport them or if the temperature needs to be vigorously maintained within the terrarium. Frogs can apparently live relatively long lives. It's cool that they'll walk on your hand.

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
My sidekick.

This is my Gigi. She came to me last July at the ripe age of 9 years old. She is a rescue from a Vet tech school. She has the tattoos in her right ear to prove it. She is an amazing dog, a loyal friend.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Wonderful!

This is my Gigi. She came to me last July at the ripe age of 9 years old. She is a rescue from a Vet tech school. She has the tattoos in her right ear to prove it. She is an amazing dog, a loyal friend.
What a beautiful thing, to rescue this gorgeous animal from a Vet Tech School, and at the age of nine!:p Gigi is one lucky little animal to have you in her life!!!:D

I just LOVE seeing someone like you post here!You just made my day.:)

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
Thanks for you kind words!

What a beautiful thing, to rescue this gorgeous animal from a Vet Tech School, and at the age of nine!:p Gigi is one lucky little animal to have you in her life!!!:D

I just LOVE seeing someone like you post here!You just made my day.:)

We PCS'd from Alaska to North/Central California about 2 years ago. She was heading for the Animal Shelter. A vet tech that was married to an Airforce guy here rescued her, but was ready to give her up with the impending birth of their second child. Which turned out to be total bollux. I have no idea why they let her go, but I am thankful. She is an amazing pooch and friend. She is a bit demanding when it comes to attention. She will braw and stuff herself into the most contoured of spaces to let me know I have not given her the alloted time she demands in a day for affection.
She is protective to a fault, affectionate of my kids, even a bit mothering at times and a unrequited sun baby that loves to bask on my couch in my home office while I ply away looking for work in a place that IT is in a sad state of affairs.
I will post some more pics when I get time. :D

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
This is Tagg, I rescued him from a dog breeder that was selling puppies at half price. That monster.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 122

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My little men...

Attachments

• SDC11650.jpg
    SDC11650.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.