Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
View attachment 558527
My "space gray" everything...attached an old Dell 2007fp for poops and giggles

I'm a space grey 'shop' too :) don't mind the sprawl all over my high top table
olzgEl7.jpg

CeratixD

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2013
I wonder if, does anybody use gigabit ethernet port with the New Macbook Retina? My wifi is not good in my bedroom and I like to download music, movies, etc.

Also, what do you do when you need to print some documents while your Retina Macbook is connected to an external display and a USB?

I think that most of the people in the site don't use cables.

jaaf

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015
Sitting on top of the 15" rMBP

Keeping this one completely clean. Only installing what's 100% needed on the move. Probably won't even install Flash.

Attachments

• IMG_2291-1.jpeg
    IMG_2291-1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 667

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Looks like Hifiman there, HE400 maybe? Someone has good taste....

Yep! Good eye :) also have an o2 amp and ODAC to drive them. Had this combo for a few years now with customer ear pads, the sound sig/sample and instrument isolation on these still makes me really happy

Reactions: whitestar27

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Finally got mine yesterday !! SG 1.2 This is a thing of beauty ! We also got a 1.1 Gold and I'm very impressed with the color, I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

o_O

It's beautiful. I've never had a computer tempt me like this rMB. What's wrong with me!?

JoePa2624

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
AZ
Finally got mine yesterday !! SG 1.2 This is a thing of beauty ! We also got a 1.1 Gold and I'm very impressed with the color, I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

View attachment 561782 View attachment 561783 View attachment 561784 View attachment 561786 View attachment 561787 View attachment 561788

Congrats on the purchase! I'd love to get your thoughts on the differences in performance between the 2 processors. Going off of benchmarks (not always a reliable measurement of real-world performance) the 1.2ghz shows a noticeable bump in performance.

Enmanuel

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2012
Boston
Congrats on the purchase! I'd love to get your thoughts on the differences in performance between the 2 processors. Going off of benchmarks (not always a reliable measurement of real-world performance) the 1.2ghz shows a noticeable bump in performance.

The gold isn't going to be mine so I might not spend as much time with it, but I'll play around with it and get back to you on that. But as a first impression while I was restoring Time Machine backups and installing applications, the 1.2 does seem a bit snappier. Overall they are both a lot better than the people freaking out are making it out to be.

Queen6

macrumors G4
Overall they are both a lot better than the people freaking out are making it out to be.

Exactly, people are just reacting to the "numbers" in reality the rMB is faster than many would think. The other Mac`s in Apple`s lineup have the big advantage when under sustained heavy workloads, the rMB will hit it`s thermal limits and throttle due to be passively cooled.

Q-6

JoePa2624

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
AZ
Exactly, people are just reacting to the "numbers" in reality the rMB is faster than many would think. The other Mac`s in Apple`s lineup have the big advantage when under sustained heavy workloads, the rMB will hit it`s thermal limits and throttle due to be passively cooled.

Q-6

I'm convinced these are the same people that claim the iPhone is junk because it's internals aren't as powerful as Android's flagships.

The overwhelming majority of people don't use processor-heavy applications like FCP and PS, so this would be more than adequate. I think there needs to be re-education for the consumers as an upgrade to an SSD might show them the single biggest improvement in performance. People always get caught up on specs, when the user experience is what really matter.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.