Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surripere

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2007
Los Angeles
Just moved to a new place, so still working my room out a bit (and getting new curtains)

3aruhaby.jpg

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Simple black & white room. Uploaded from iPhone.

Attachments

• ??.JPG
    ??.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 338

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The newbie has the control yoke attached, and I have now sold the 2011 model making way for my MBA and mixing equipment which has been living in the bedroom..:)

Attachments

• New Imac2.png
    New Imac2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 306
  • New Imac3.png
    New Imac3.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 305

Leonavice

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
Awesome! Does the U2711 fit well with the iMac? Any height problems or adjustments necessary?

Yes, you can get the display screens lined up horizontally in a straight line. The U2713HM can be adjusted up and down to suit the iMac, which cannot do so.

However, as you can see in the picture, that leaves a rather big empty space under the U2713HM.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I have been seeing many 2 monitor or 2 iMac setups. If i decide to keep my 27" 2010 iMac and buy another 27" iMac next year, what resolution can i get for a dual monitor setup.

Last edited:

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
I love my iMac (2011) I haven't gotten the new thin one yet, still thinking about it. The my current one works fine and it's only a year old so I won't replace it till I see some for resell discount.

Attachments

• desk 002.JPG
    desk 002.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Jhowland

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
I have been seeing many 2 monitor or 2 iMac setups. If i decide to keep my 27" 2010 iMac and buy another 27" iMac next year, what resolution can i get for a dual monitor setup.

The full 2560x1440 on both if you use a mini display port to mini display port cable from the thunderbolt port on the new iMac to the mini display port on your current iMac.

Calvinator666

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
Singapore
My 4-year old 24" iMac. This photo was actually taken for the Audioengine A2 as I wanted to see how good the speakers look with the iMac.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 336

Adam22

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
My 4-year old 24" iMac. This photo was actually taken for the Audioengine A2 as I wanted to see how good the speakers look with the iMac.

I see you have both a Magic Mouse and track pad .... Is it two much ? Do you find yourself only using one more(which one)? I'm wondering if I should get on or both

Calvinator666

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
Singapore
I see you have both a Magic Mouse and track pad .... Is it two much ? Do you find yourself only using one more(which one)? I'm wondering if I should get on or both

Damn, I just realized that I actually posted on a wrong thread. This was for the 27" iMac setup and mine is an old 24"!

On the contrary, I cannot live without both the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse. I have assigned both for different purposes and my workflow is very smooth with using both of them together.

For the Magic Mouse, I am using for the usual point-and-click, scrolling and as well as for Mission Control. For the Magic Trackpad, I have more gestures assigned to it. Stuff like swiping on the left edge of the trackpad to view Notifications, five-finger tap for Safari full-screen mode, four-finger tap to centralize pages, four-finger swipe to switch between different desktops (I have assigned 4 desktops for each individual uses), four-finger swipe upwards to Show Desktop and I have even assigned 2 gestures for Sleep Computer and Sleep Display.

Having said that, I think it really boils down to the individual's usage and needs.

Adam22

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
Damn, I just realized that I actually posted on a wrong thread. This was for the 27" iMac setup and mine is an old 24"!

On the contrary, I cannot live without both the Magic Trackpad and the Magic Mouse. I have assigned both for different purposes and my workflow is very smooth with using both of them together.

For the Magic Mouse, I am using for the usual point-and-click, scrolling and as well as for Mission Control. For the Magic Trackpad, I have more gestures assigned to it. Stuff like swiping on the left edge of the trackpad to view Notifications, five-finger tap for Safari full-screen mode, four-finger tap to centralize pages, four-finger swipe to switch between different desktops (I have assigned 4 desktops for each individual uses), four-finger swipe upwards to Show Desktop and I have even assigned 2 gestures for Sleep Computer and Sleep Display.

Having said that, I think it really boils down to the individual's usage and needs.

Ok thnx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.