Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
My little iBook. :eek:

Attachments

• sdifjgi.jpg
    sdifjgi.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 137

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
iGary said:
I think you hold the MR record for "Most Macs Owned in a Year." :D

I am sure I do! :eek: But, the last two were not my fault! I have pretty bad luck though. I asked for an MBP with a glossy screen. They said that they didn't think they had any, but they would check. They came back and said that they actually had one. I took it home and opened it up, and sure enough, it was the matte screen. I called Apple about it. They punched in the serial number and said, it is a glossy screen. I said, no it is not. He asked, "How do you know?" I was like, duh, I am looking at it?!?! Anyway, I was going to just stick with the matte, but I thought about if I ever had a screen issue, they would probablay say, this is not the stock screen, etc. So, they are sending out a return box to send in to have the screen swapped. They supposedly sent it overnight on Wednesday, but I still have not received it. :(

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
nospleen said:
I am sure I do! :eek: But, the last two were not my fault! I have pretty bad luck though. I asked for an MBP with a glossy screen. They said that they didn't think they had any, but they would check. They came back and said that they actually had one. I took it home and opened it up, and sure enough, it was the matte screen. I called Apple about it. They punched in the serial number and said, it is a glossy screen. I said, no it is not. He asked, "How do you know?" I was like, duh, I am looking at it?!?! Anyway, I was going to just stick with the matte, but I thought about if I ever had a screen issue, they would probablay say, this is not the stock screen, etc. So, they are sending out a return box to send in to have the screen swapped. They supposedly sent it overnight on Wednesday, but I still have not received it. :(

Sounds like you love Apple Care as much as I do.

Bunch of Fracking Retards...

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
nospleen said:
I am just hoping my bad luck continues, maybe they will send me a Quad! :D

LOL - believe me, you DO NOT want to have to go through that. It's nice and all, but God did that suck. :eek: :mad:

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
here is my older g4.... I need to get a new powermac soon :D

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 229

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
plb said:
Hi,

Do you know why on some computer running 10.4.6, startup disk is not showing in about your mac. My father and I bought the same day at the same shop a MBP 1,83. Mine is showing startup disk, my father's no. Both computers are up to date and permissions repaired.

Any answer ?

Thanks

This is happening to me too, eventhough I don't have a MBP. I would like to know this too...

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Startup disk only shows up in "about this Mac" if you have a second volume mounted. Just put in a CD or hook up a pen drive to get it to show up (10.4 only).

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Caitlyn said:
I wish the new Intel iMacs could still support 2.5GB of RAM.

1. They do (you can buy 2x2 GB dimms and have 4 gigs)
2. That guy has a PowerMac.:p

Rickay726

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2005
New Jersey
iGary said:
Thought this might be fun...see what OS people are running...any older machines etc. :)

For those who don't know how, you can use CMD-SHIFT-4, and crosshairs will appear. You can then drag the crosshairs across the area you want to select and an image will appear on your desktop that you can attach.

holy hell does that say 8gb of ram.

what can i say im a nerd and i only have 512, i have yet to upgrade it, im still looking for the money to do so.:D

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Rickay726 said:
holy hell does that say 8gb of ram.

what can i say im a nerd and i only have 512, i have yet to upgrade it, im still looking for the money to do so.:D

Did you post yours? :)

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
I got my "new" Powerbook G3 today, so of course, first thing I had to do was take this screenshot! man, this machine is awesome, and I haven't even upgraded anything yet.

Attachments

• powerbook.gif
    powerbook.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 160

IanC

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2005
Essex
eMac on left, iBook on right :)

Attachments

• aboutmacemac.jpg
    aboutmacemac.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 80
  • aboutmacibook.jpg
    aboutmacibook.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 97
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.