Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pathfinder3

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2010
Okinawa, JP
I have a Samsung Nexus S running CM7 Nightly (only on #85 now). This is an older screeny

snap20110509_142859.png

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
My current gaming addiction has spawned a new layout for me. Still keeping it pretty minimal though....

Droid Charge
ADW Launcher EX
WidgetLocker
Beautiful Widgets
AiX Weather
Minimalist Text

Left Screen --> Right Screen
sAX6Z.png
9eWe0.png

Lock Screen
gMqne.png

Paulbob

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
How did you do that

Yep. I am both rooted and using a custom ROM, but even then, to the point of what we were talking about earlier with SL2008, getting my phone looking the way it did wouldn't require any that. It is just LauncherPro+ with some various widgets. I've since updated the look of my phone. I'll upload new pics later tonight when I'm home....

*Edit* - Here are the updated pics of my phone...

Click for HUGE-size

Home, hidden quick launch
YkVAt.png
btjKU.png

Left screen, right screen
PFHEI.png
FnF6T.png

Lockscreen
rS7pV.png

I really want to make my home screen look something close to this.

Can you send me what all you used to achieve this?

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I really want to make my home screen look something close to this.

Can you send me what all you used to achieve this?
No problem. Here is what was used in those screenshots....

LauncherPro
BobClockD3
Beautiful Widgets ("Flat White" Skin)
Circle Battery
Widgetsoid (Alternate Icons)
Simi Folder
Google Music
Amazon MP3
Minimalistic Text
WidgetLocker Lockscreen

Now, what I did with those....

First off, in these pics, I was using LauncherPro. That lets me hide the notification bar, as well as change the dock. Also, the Calendar and GMail widgets on the left and right screens are LauncherPro widgets. LauncherPro, like most home launcher replacements, has MANY options, and lets you customize a lot of things. Those are a great thing to mess with to get very personalized layouts.

As for the rest of the main home screen, it is just some basic widgets. The big clock is BobClockD3. It lets you customize colors, date, text size, etc. The weather is Beautiful Widgets in a 1x1 widget, using the Flat White skin. The battery is Circle Battery, which is pretty self explanatory. The toggles below the weather and battery are a pair of Widgetsoid 1x2 widgets. Widgetsoid has a lot of options on things it will allow you to switch.

The one sort of tricky one on the main screen is the hidden quick launch. That is using Simi Folder on the app drawer button. LauncherPro will let you set whatever you want the different dock items to be, and then use custom gestures as well. So, I just have a single icon dock, where pressing the arrow icon opens the normal full app drawer, and swiping up on it will open the Simi Folder for quick access to frequent stuff.

The Left, Right and Lockscreen are pretty simple. Left screen is a Google Music widget with the LauncherPro calendar widget. Right screen is Amazon MP3 with the LauncherPro Gmail widget. The lockscreen is mostly all due to WidgetLocker. That app will let you customize your lockscreen, as well as put widgets on it. So, it has a custom theme for the unlock slider, and then some basic Minimalistic Text widgets for the Time, Day, Weather, and Battery text.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any help setting those up.

ChristopherM

macrumors member
May 2, 2009
I know this is slightly off topic but could anybody provide any Android assistance regarding iTunes syncing. I've looked at a variety of Android forums but they all suggest dumping iTunes and using a variety of other media managers because iTunes is apparently no good. My problem is that it IS good. I don't want to change but seem to have trouble finding a means of syncing my SE Xperia Arc within iTunes itself (in the manner that is done with iPods and iPhones). I'm happy to pay for a program, if it runs smoothly. Any help would be super!

runlsd

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
I know this is slightly off topic but could anybody provide any Android assistance regarding iTunes syncing. I've looked at a variety of Android forums but they all suggest dumping iTunes and using a variety of other media managers because iTunes is apparently no good. My problem is that it IS good. I don't want to change but seem to have trouble finding a means of syncing my SE Xperia Arc within iTunes itself (in the manner that is done with iPods and iPhones). I'm happy to pay for a program, if it runs smoothly. Any help would be super!

Doubletwist works but I noticed that it had difficulties syncing playlists accurately.

iSyncr is the only app I tried that'll work seamlessly. It's a paid app but well worth it.

ChristopherM

macrumors member
May 2, 2009
I appreciate the responses but I was more referring to some sort of patch that will allow the Android to come up in iTunes like an iPod/iPhone and synch from there. Any thoughts?

runlsd

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
I appreciate the responses but I was more referring to some sort of patch that will allow the Android to come up in iTunes like an iPod/iPhone and synch from there. Any thoughts?

I tried different methods but to no avail. iSyncr is honestly the best solution I have. You don't need to install any software on your computer. It's just an app you install on your phone or SD card that'll read and sync your iTunes..

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
I upgraded my phone to the LG Esteem with gingerbread so does anyone know of a screen shot app for gingerbread (2.3)...ive tried to search but to no avail...

Zaap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
^ Are you rooted?

I think most of the screenshot methods require root access. I use the imaginatively named 'screenshot' by Kastorsoft.

Before I rooted my DX, I had to use the SDK/USB to computer method. SDK method should work on any device, and on Gingerbread.

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
^ Are you rooted?

I think most of the screenshot methods require root access. I use the imaginatively named 'screenshot' by Kastorsoft.

Before I rooted my DX, I had to use the SDK/USB to computer method. SDK method should work on any device, and on Gingerbread.

I am not rooted....i used to use "shoot me" on my last phone which had froyo. How can i get that sdk method app ??

Zaap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Here's the method using a Mac.

And using a PC.

I've only done this on a PC.

Google definitely needs to make it easier to do screencaps in Android and just make it a basic function.

Meanwhile, my wife somehow takes accidental screencaps all the time on her iPhone just by pressing the right combination of buttons accidentally. Whenever she downloads her photos, there's always a bunch of random screencaps she didn't even realize she was taking.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Google definitely needs to make it easier to do screencaps in Android and just make it a basic function.
Some Android phones (Galaxy SII, Bionic, etc) can do this already, just like you would on an iPhone (Home + Power). I believe this is a function of the phone's kernel, not the OS. But yes, I agree they should all start to implement a way to do it. There are many times that getting a screenshot of your phone can be used.

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
Here's the method using a Mac.

And using a PC.

I've only done this on a PC.

Meanwhile, my wife somehow takes accidental screencaps all the time on her iPhone just by pressing the right combination of buttons accidentally. Whenever she downloads her photos, there's always a bunch of random screencaps she didn't even realize she was taking.

Holy moly batman...there are about 10 steps, forget about to complicated plus i tried that last nite and kept on getting a error message, something about adb not found...ohh well ill just wait till a third party comes out with one, thanks anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.