Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I don't think this thread has been done before. Any way, go ahead and post some pictures of your decks, subs, amps (if possible) speakers, dvd players, navigation systems, anything car entertainment related.

Heres some of mine. Im planning on installing these tomorrow. I've been hunting around on the internet for good deals on these subs and this amp and I found great deals.

The amp is: Kenwood 600w 2 channel (with adjustable bass knob.)

The subs are: Dual Brand 12" (x2) 1100w with illumiNITE LED lighting.

Later additions to the car will probably be a nice Pioneer deck that is XM satellite radio ready. I used to have a car with XM, but i traded it in to get my Accord.

Amp:

Subs:

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Well, I'm not going to bother taking pictures, but...

I've got a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X579 head unit, paired with the Kenwood KCA-iP500 iPod connector. In the front, in custom kickpanels, I've got Boston Acoustics 6.5" separates (I can't remember the model). In the rear, I'm just using the stock speakers powered by the head unit. In the trunk, I've got an Infinity Reference 5761 amp that is powering both the front speakers plus an Infinity 12" subwoofer. Sounds pretty good, I think. I wish I could do something about some of the road noise, but I'm just too lazy ;)

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Sounds like a nice setup. What do you mean by road noise? I know that when i put my subs in the back of my car and powered them from my friends car, there were a few places where the car rattled. So after that I padded those places with a little bit of foam.

ExileinBlonde

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
I freakin' love my system!!
I have all ELEMENTAL DESIGNS:
(2) 12" 13Kv.2s with a NINe.2X.
eDi 6000s with a NINe.4.
At this point, eD isn't very well known, but they will be.
Check out their website: www.edesignaudio.com
100_0818.jpg

100_0879.jpg

100_0880.jpg

100_0968.jpg

100_0964.jpg

100_0971.jpg

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Hey...Now thats what i call a setup. Are those old pictures of the subs and the amp out of the box, or did you install those recently? Nice ipod dock btw. I would get a new deck for the car, but because i have a Honda Accord, with the existing unit, it is impossible to install a new deck without having to order a new 120 dollar module.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Somehow, there's this clichee around here about 18-year-olds and car sound systems....Well, the legal driving age here is 18, and 18-year-old boys tend to be a biiiit immature. Does Anyone know the VW Golf? The little Volkswagen one? Well, the clichee is that every 18yr. boy who has a driving license drives around with a Golf and a sound system that was three times as much as the car itself. And usually, the quality is not too good.

C

CompUser

1) Land Rover Discovery 220 Watt, 10 speaker, 6 disk changer Harmon/Kardon Sound System
2) VW Touareg Navigation System 375 watt, 11 speaker, 6 disk CD changer - I think it is made by bose I think. The CD player has already broke (been fixed under warranty) and the navigation system is slow and not advanced at all
3) Jeep Grand Cherokee- 180 watt, 8 speakers, 10 disk CD changer made by Infinity
4) 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass POS 4 speaker system that sounds like crap and not even worth mentioning (used to be grandma's car)

Nothing too special here

Attachments

• LR Radio.png
    LR Radio.png
    176 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC1067.JPG
    DSC1067.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC1068.JPG
    DSC1068.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 85

ExileinBlonde

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
AppleGuy08 said:
Hey...Now thats what i call a setup. Are those old pictures of the subs and the amp out of the box, or did you install those recently? Nice ipod dock btw. I would get a new deck for the car, but because i have a Honda Accord, with the existing unit, it is impossible to install a new deck without having to order a new 120 dollar module.
I'm assuming you're referring to my setup...
Those are pictures of the sub amp, the subs, and the comps out of the box right before I had them installed. I also have another amp, a NINe.4 on my comps that is not pictured. Elemental Designs is the way to go, their equipment is amazing, and their prices cannot be beat!!

azerivista.com

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2006
cars

Wow, you guys have some nice cars.
You know you do need to be careful not to blow your ear drums. Having a huge base like that will blow you away literaly:)
Anna

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
AppleGuy08 said:
Sounds like a nice setup. What do you mean by road noise? I know that when i put my subs in the back of my car and powered them from my friends car, there were a few places where the car rattled. So after that I padded those places with a little bit of foam.

I mean road noise as in hearing the wheels and the engine, vibrations and things coming up from the floor. Makes it harder to hear the music when you're on the highway, for example. I'd love to just Dynamat the s*** out of my car, but it's far too much work and I'm far too lazy :)

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
ExileinBlonde said:
I freakin' love my system!!
I have all ELEMENTAL DESIGNS:
(2) 12" 13Kv.2s with a NINe.2X.
eDi 6000s with a NINe.4.
At this point, eD isn't very well known, but they will be.

Pretty nice...you should think about getting some grills for those subs. I know it doesn't look as nice, but that way you don't have to worry about them getting damaged if you put stuff in the trunk.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
MattG said:
Pretty nice...you should think about getting some grills for those subs. I know it doesn't look as nice, but that way you don't have to worry about them getting damaged if you put stuff in the trunk.

True...very true. The last thing you want is a fat dent in your subs lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.