Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCyborg

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2013
This month I made my mac desktop look like a chromebook using Geektool and Menu Eclipse. Image

So many of you have PMed me asking me for a tutorial on this so I decided just to post it here so everyone can see:

Well, first you go to System Preferences > Dock and select Automatically Hide and Show Dock. Now the Dock will be automatically hidden unless you roll your cursor over it. Next, go into your Finder and drag all the apps that you want on your desktop. Then go to your menu bar and click View > Show View Options. Then shrink the icons to 36x36. Now rearrange all the icons at the bottom of your desktop. Then download the demo version of Menu Eclipse. The demo is limited, but allows you to make your menu bar black. Then download Geektool, a free app that will let you program the time, battery, and wifi status (and more) on your desktop. There are lots of helpful tutorials on the internet that you can follow. I hope this helped, and if you have any problems let me know. :)

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
~

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 10.00.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-29 at 10.00.31 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 166
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.