Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
My Powerbook was getting seriously hot while iDVD was doing its thing rendering my iMovie video and I was getting a little worried about it overheating.

So I figured, where's the coolest place to let it do its thing? Don't worry, I closed the door so that it didn't start to defrost and drip on it! :eek: It felt much cooler when I took it out once it had finished working.

Anyone else used their Mac under extreme circumstances or in odd places?

Attachments

• pbookfreezer.jpg
    pbookfreezer.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 404

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Applespider said:
Anyone else used their Mac under extreme circumstances or in odd places?
Yep. We were doing a little remodeling last summer, so I moved my rig into the barn in order to get some work done in peace and quiet. It's more comfortable than it looks, Leyland used to make some cozy seats!
macsetup.jpg

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Airport cards and microwaves operate on the same frequency, right?

L

Lau

It's funny you mention this now, Applespider. Last week, we had a big clearout and a tidy, and it was decided that my computer stuff was becoming a bit of a hassle and a mess, so I'm now banished to the broom cupboard. It's a bit annoying, to be honest, and it's really cramped. Still, I suppose I'll get used to it....

Attachments

• cupboard.jpg
    cupboard.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 265

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I'm not sure if this qualifies as "extreme" or not, but for the past 3 months or so I've been keeping my G4 Cube in a pet carrier. My cats are drawn to the warm air rising through the Cube's vent, and they usually end up touching the touch-sensitive power button and turning it off. This was the best idea I could come up with to keep them away. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the way my set-up looked at first, but it's really grown on me (I think the chrome bars look great with the glass desk).

My Setup:

G4 Cube, 450Mhz, 120GB HD, 1GB RAM
Petmate Deluxe (PM3405) pet carrier, with steel reinforced bars and handle
Dell 17" flat-panel display
iPod 2G 20GB
Evolution X-Session midi controller
M-Audio BX8 Studiophile monitor (left not pictured)
Bruce Lee Kubrick
Nintendo DS (Silver)
Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP (Red)
:cool:

Attachments

• FlowbeeCube.jpg
    FlowbeeCube.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 270

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I've taken to playing WoW in the fireplace you see. It protects against, um...Ice Bolts...yeah.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My iBook is still in the closet.:eek:

Attachments

• closet.JPG
    closet.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 107

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Sometimes I go to use my iBook but I just can't get the darned thing to wake up!

Attachments

• P1080023.JPG
    P1080023.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 100

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Extreme Ironing

Can't be too careful around the extremeironing.com web site.

Attachments

• Extreme.jpg
    Extreme.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 212

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Simply indispensable

I would never dream of being seen without my PowerMac at those important meetings with business clients.

attachment.php

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Blue Velvet said:
I would never dream of being seen without my PowerMac at those important meetings with business clients.

attachment.php

How much for a cron job?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
iGary said:
Ooh we use the same Olive Oil - Trader Joes!!

:p

It makes the best popcorn - put popcorn in a large pot (pasta boiling size) covering the bottom of the pot - then cover the corn with the olive oil - let it pop, shaking it up occasionally - poor it in a paper trader joes bag and then sprinkle salt on it and shake up the bag so the salt is evenly distributed and then pour it into a bowl and eat. It tastes like it has butter on it :D

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.