Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianFD3S

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2008
Ireland
xmo121.jpg

That took quite a while..

I was going for the whole 'mega-realistic-vector' style of the VW Beetle above, but I kind of gave up on that halfway through and settled for a more stylised approach.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
All this stuff is great! Excellent idea for a thread :)

Some stuff I did a while back:

1 & 2 Illustrator (animated gifs, wait to load for all images :))
3 PhotoShop

buglifewebsitegif.gif

websitegif.gif

spider.jpg

Yacomo

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2006
Zug, Switzerland
Great thread!

This is a great thread!

I especially like the diversity of images shown here :)

Here are some of mine (Corel Painter / DAZStudio):

Attachments

• Boote_im_Nebel.jpg
    Boote_im_Nebel.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Maiden.jpg
    Maiden.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Tenderness.jpg
    Tenderness.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 101

crazydrumma

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
Chicago
I am currently in my first photoshop class on my road to achieving my graphic design degree, and this was my first project. If you compare it to the Rush hour 2 poster, it looks pretty decent. I used photoshop (obviously) to make this happen:

finalproject.jpg

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
I don't know if a logo counts as art, but I kind of like this one. I collect antique cameras and call my collection Retired Cameras. I built a site to share the cameras with others and figured I'd make a logo for the collection. If anyone is interested in antique cameras, check out my site at http://www.retiredcameras.com

Attachments

• RetiredCamerasb.jpg
    RetiredCamerasb.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 72

prs986

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2007
Central CA, USA
mmmmm......pizza.............simple, but yet, appetizing......

Attachments

• greek-pizza-poster.jpg
    greek-pizza-poster.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 88
  • alfredo-poster-FINAL.jpg
    alfredo-poster-FINAL.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 116

mousehole

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2008
man i love the comic look
the dotted overlay or w/e

those are awesome

Again, thanks. I normally hate the various overused filters people use in Photoshop, i.e. Lens Flare, but in this case the halftone just felt right.

Melissa Clifton and Les McClaine have wonderful tutorials on how to get the comic book look. Haven't quite gotten it mastered, but these are a great way to start.

Mondays

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Illinois
sorry if this spams the thread lol
but here are some random things i made
some of its just stupid stuff, but oh well
antioch_arrow_by_SuspiciousUzi.jpg

Metapod_Is_Poor_by_SuspiciousUzi.jpg

I_Eat_Hands_by_SuspiciousUzi.jpg

Gunstar_Heroes_by_SuspiciousUzi.jpg

desotrythisfm6.jpg

deathbyart

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Another show poster I did today using Illustrator. I'm not too great of an illustrator, so I accepted the fact awhile ago that I'll have to try and use type and other objects to the best of my abilities.
Love Three Silver Mt. Zion.

grizzlybrice

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Playa Del Rey, CA
"Grinding"

This is something I did while early on in college when the stress levels got a little high. I have a more "completed" version of this somewhere but I prefer this raw one over the other one. Painted in Photoshop from a sketch I did. Took a few days. Extremely therapeutic.

gB

Attachments

• 51027_1109813701_medium.jpg
    51027_1109813701_medium.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 90

s.hoz

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Custer
All this stuff is great! Excellent idea for a thread :)

Some stuff I did a while back:

1 & 2 Illustrator (animated gifs, wait to load for all images :))
3 PhotoShop

buglifewebsitegif.gif

Is Illustrator the only Adobe program you can great the "moving" image or is it possible to do that in Photoshop as well?

Topher15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
London
Is Illustrator the only Adobe program you can great the "moving" image or is it possible to do that in Photoshop as well?
Well obviously there's Flash. You can also use the Animation pallet in Photoshop CS3 to create gifs (it used to be standalone as ImageReady). I think you can also use Fireworks.

s.hoz

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Custer
Ok, that's what I wanted to know.
I plan on getting Photoshop soon so I was just wondering what it could all do.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas

You can't create any moving images in Illustrator. Using Photoshop to create animated gifs is what you are looking for, I think.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
You can't create any moving images in Illustrator. Using Photoshop to create animated gifs is what you are looking for, I think.

Actually, you can create moving images in Illustrator. Just put each frame on a different layer and then export as Flash (swf) Photoshop works too though. If you don't have Photoshop, there is a free program called GIFfun that allows you to make animated gifs.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.

I made those gifs back in the days of ImageReady, but yes, as everyone said - Illustrator, PhotoShop, or Flash can output animations. As well as a nubmer of other, non-Adobe programs.

Those BugLife posters actually got me a D&AD Student Yellow Pencil Award :)

aaah, the good old days :rolleyes:

Krebstar

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
First ever stippling project I did in class last year. I still want to redo it since I could do better, but I really feel in love with doing it.

n501676878_90469_3152.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.