Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bOFFE1968

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
Like it clean and simple. Just the apps I use frequently on the home screen. And the phone is not jailbreaken
image.png

image.png

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Use the app suggested at page 23 - Screen Pro
???

Isn't that just for screenshots though? The app can't possibly allow you to arrange your springboard icons like you have them outside of the app. That would violate Apple's rules.
[doublepost=1461013590][/doublepost]
Use the app suggested at page 23 - Screen Pro
[doublepost=1461013330][/doublepost]

No app used
No jailbreak
I'm sorry. I find that very hard to believe. One of the major reasons people jailbreak is because they want to put icons where they want them. Gridlock used to do that, Anchor does it now. iBlanks are also another way as well as installing a theme.

This is not something you can do stock. Either your device is jailbroken and you don't know it (do you have an app named Cydia on your device) or you are doing this some other unexplainable way.

Apple does not allow you to stack icons like you have them stock.

Reactions: biracialfamily91

bOFFE1968

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
???

Isn't that just for screenshots though? The app can't possibly allow you to arrange your springboard icons like you have them outside of the app. That would violate Apple's rules.
[doublepost=1461013590][/doublepost]
I'm sorry. I find that very hard to believe. One of the major reasons people jailbreak is because they want to put icons where they want them. Gridlock used to do that, Anchor does it now. iBlanks are also another way as well as installing a theme.

This is not something you can do stock. Either your device is jailbroken and you don't know it (do you have an app named Cydia on your device) or you are doing this some other unexplainable way.

Apple does not allow you to stack icons like you have them stock.

The solution
image.png

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Ahhh, ok. That makes sense now.

It's leveraging Safari's bookmark shortcut feature. The only issue is that stock iOS does not allow for transparent icons, so as mentioned in your link, your wallpaper must be black in order to hide this.

You're faking it, but you get the look you want and remain stock. Good workaround and nice look. :D

Mine is a little different, ;)

Anchor and iBlanks. :D

2016-04-18 14.46.13.png

bOFFE1968

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2013
How did you hide the dock icon labels (the icon names) without jailbreak ?
The labels are missing in the picture of the home screen created by the screen pro app. In real life the labels are present and visable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.