Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It that a 1 or 2G iPod? I like that collection!

And basically ever since I got my first iPod (1G) I used to just buy whatever new one came out...not anymore but I used to. My favorite is definitely the 3G.
I guess the main reason is I just love iPods. The new ones havent enticed me into buying yet, my 60GB is my workhorse
The 60 gigger lives in my car hooked up to the sound system so it's not in this shot. The 30GB Photo, the silver mini, and the black nano have all been "acquired" by my sister...so she pretty much stole those.

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I have a few pods, but I like this pic.

Attachments

• dscn1195.jpg
    dscn1195.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 119

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
I have a 5G too but I like this pic. Wouldn't mind an orange shuffle.

Attachments

• iPod jpeg.JPG
    iPod jpeg.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 131

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
I hope you don't do that too often for too long.
It'll stain the socket.
Of course not. Someone at the local Apple reseller suggested I let it hang out for a few hours to get the dock connector unstuck. Needless to say it didn't work..

@Cassie: I feel your pain. My 5.5G freezes, skips, and refuses to play videos 1/4 the time (yes, even before I let it hang upsdie down :p). I miss my 1G nano.

Nice 'pod WillJS. :D

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Of course not. Someone at the local Apple reseller suggested I let it hang out for a few hours to get the dock connector unstuck. Needless to say it didn't work..

@Cassie: I feel your pain. My 5.5G freezes, skips, and refuses to play videos 1/4 the time (yes, even before I let it hang upsdie down :p). I miss my 1G nano.

Well mine doesn't do that stuff, it plays music and videos exceptionably well, and rarely freezes.

However, this is my third iPod 5.5 G, and now the headphone jack doesn't output. I am sick of dealing with it.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Shush you. It's not dirty, just well-loved. :D

If it's so well loved then why does it look like you keep it buried in the garden? :rolleyes:

My 5.5 G iPod is fine. Plays videos reliably (most of the time), although it does crash every few weeks...

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Cassie said:

Well mine doesn't do that stuff, it plays music and videos exceptionably well, and rarely freezes.

However, this is my third iPod 5.5 G, and now the headphone jack doesn't output. I am sick of dealing with it.

You must be really hard on your electronics and while my iPod looks like it was beaten by an ugly stick or two it still does everything that I want it to do. Dead pixel's aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Just open her up and reconnect the jack?

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
You must be really hard on your electronics and while my iPod looks like it was beaten by an ugly stick or two it still does everything that I want it to do. Dead pixel's aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. Just open her up and reconnect the jack?

That's the thing, It happend about a week after I got it back, and I never sent it in. And I don't want to. I'm most likely going to find someone to sell it and get a used 4G for $99. (I only have 1.5 GB of music anyway.)

EDIT: well, maybe I am a little hard on them: I just bought it's very first case ever yesterday.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Surprising lack of headphone amps on display. I'll have to root about and post a shot of my mine...

I did have a Grado amplifier, but I sold it when I got the B&O kit as I preferred the sound of the built headphone amp in the BeoMaster. Line Out from iPod dock > B&O amp > headphones = sweeeeeeeet highs, beatifully controlled bass

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007

Thanks. It's the iPod that keeps on costing.. :p (maybe because it makes phone calls:confused:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.