Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heyisti

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2010
I been itching to get this things seen it launch... so I order one just a few minute ago. (I use to have an iPad2)

:D

16GB - $249 shipped ---> get deal here <--
062712-NEXUS-TABLET-004edit-660x440.jpg

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
Retro\futuristic\minimal...pyramid desk lamp

Attachments

• il_570xN.343131868.jpg
    il_570xN.343131868.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 94
  • il_570xN.343131828.jpg
    il_570xN.343131828.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 97

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

I haven't bought it yet, but I think I will shortly. When I tweeted about it (sometime in the past week, actually), I was asking if anyone had any experience with one. Now that I see that you're a fan, it looks like I'm sold. I think my tweet enticed jessica. as well. :p

Did you buy any of the accessories? I see that they sell a glass lid and even a steel grid that you can use with an electric stove to keep the coffee warm.

I also need to research grinders.....

Added to the list. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll probably start off without the lid and grate, and then see if I need either once I start using the Chemex. I wonder if it can be converted into a bong.....:p;)

Surely, if you're only getting the 3-cup then I think the lid is a waste personally. I do like the look of the wood collar ones and yes, I have considered buying. I've done nothing short of stalk YouTube and the rest of the net reading. There is a lot of opinion on how to pour the water and such. But yes, I am enticed.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Surely, if you're only getting the 3-cup then I think the lid is a waste personally. I do like the look of the wood collar ones and yes, I have considered buying. I've done nothing short of stalk YouTube and the rest of the net reading. There is a lot of opinion on how to pour the water and such. But yes, I am enticed.

Ha, it looks like you've done a bit more research than me so far!:p

I did read about the water pouring techniques, but I've also read that it doesn't really matter how you pour the water. I would just try it both ways and see which makes a better tasting coffee.

I agree, the lid is probably a waste. When I finally decide to order this thing, I'll start off without it, and see if I need either of the accessories. It just depends on whether I want to make enough for a couple of cups, have one immediately, and then have another within the next 20-30 minutes. If I can brew both at the same time and keep the second cup hot without losing flavor, then the lid and grate are worth it.

Yay coffee!

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland

I just purchased Mountain Lion. It is quite nice minus the longer boot time.
My brand-new mid-2012 15-inch MacBook Pro was a lot slower once I installed Mountain Lion. However, after a day or two my computer returned to normal speeds. Give it some time, maybe your Mac will speed back up.

MattTheTurk

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
My brand-new mid-2012 15-inch MacBook Pro was a lot slower once I installed Mountain Lion. However, after a day or two my computer returned to normal speeds. Give it some time, maybe your Mac will speed back up.

Thank you! I have in fact tried it on my mid '11 imac regular hdd - takes about 38 seconds fully to restart whereas my '12 MacBook Air with SSD takes about 18 seconds fully to restart or boot after having to repair disk permissions. so its all not that bad. I'm not too sure if I should disable notifications for the moment until facebook support. Do you think that may be affecting the boot times?

Edit: I have tried my iMac to be completely booted not restarted it takes about 34 seconds with 4gb of ram and regular HDD. but one thing that I love Mountain Lion for is that back in lion, ı used to have this weird wifi connectivity issue where it wouldnt auto connect to my known network. so I belıeve the extra couple seconds is worth it that it takes care of many things compared to lion better

Last edited:

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Thank you! I have in fact tried it on my mid '11 imac regular hdd - takes about 38 seconds fully to restart whereas my '12 MacBook Air with SSD takes about 18 seconds fully to restart or boot after having to repair disk permissions. so its all not that bad. I'm not too sure if I should disable notifications for the moment until facebook support. Do you think that may be affecting the boot times?

Edit: I have tried my iMac to be completely booted not restarted it takes about 34 seconds with 4gb of ram and regular HDD. but one thing that I love Mountain Lion for is that back in lion, ı used to have this weird wifi connectivity issue where it wouldnt auto connect to my known network. so I belıeve the extra couple seconds is worth it that it takes care of many things compared to lion better
Your iMac will take longer to boot up compared to your MacBook Air because your iMac has a HDD and not an SSD (SSD's are 4x faster). I'd recommend upgrading your RAM to 8 or 16 GB if possible. I don't think there's any benefit to disabling notification center.

MattTheTurk

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
Your iMac will take longer to boot up compared to your MacBook Air because your iMac has a HDD and not an SSD (SSD's are 4x faster). I'd recommend upgrading your RAM to 8 or 16 GB if possible. I don't think there's any benefit to disabling notification center.

Thank you for your answer. It's not all that comparison to windows.. Do you think I would benefit from upgrade to either 8 or 16gb in terms of regular usage and boot times? I have 2 x 2gb in my slots so I will either get 1 or 2 x 4gb rams to fill it in. Can you please help me if this specific ram would be compatible, http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/king...9-notebook-ram/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=44622

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Thank you for your answer. It's not all that comparison to windows.. Do you think I would benefit from upgrade to either 8 or 16gb in terms of regular usage and boot times? I have 2 x 2gb in my slots so I will either get 1 or 2 x 4gb rams to fill it in. Can you please help me if this specific ram would be compatible, http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/king...9-notebook-ram/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=44622
Read this article to determine if you need more RAM. As for finding compatible RAM, I go to Crucial.com.

kuhtang

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Ontario

I noticed this when I first installed ML on my mom's 2009 iMac. The whole feel of the OS was so jerky and slow...I had a crucial RAM order queued up. Then a few days later everything was peachy keen - still don't know what happened! Any idea?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I noticed this when I first installed ML on my mom's 2009 iMac. The whole feel of the OS was so jerky and slow...I had a crucial RAM order queued up. Then a few days later everything was peachy keen - still don't know what happened! Any idea?
The iMac was done indexing the HDD.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Picked up a sweet retina MacBook Pro while on vacation in Alaska. Turns out they don't have taxes on almost everything (except alcohol and tobacco).

purchase080812.jpg

Nikon D800, Nikon 16-35mm f/4 and a Sea and Sea MDX D800 Housing
:cool:

Sweet. I'm still waiting for my D800E on backorder…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.