Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Ah, well. Think of it this way: Money is not the only currency, (or cost) that you pay (or save). Most people forget time......which is also of considerable value. (What are you doing when you get a taxi, rather than waiting for a bus, or tram? You are spending money to save time.....just as when you walk for hours, because you couldn't afford the bus/tram/underground metro (other spending - books, coffee, booze, jazz clubs....took priority) as you undoubtedly did when a student, you were spending time to save money.....)

Re a washing machine, the first question to look at is what are the alternatives.

In practice, these boil down to : 1: Stay in dirty clothes, immune and impervious to society's preferences. Problem is, friends and colleagues may find this a bit much, too, after a while. After all, this is no longer the Middle Ages (the Roman Catholic Church had a bit of a problem, historically with the concept of bathing and those who delighted in cleanliness; something to do with touching yourself, I think.....)

2: Wash the clothes yourself, by hand. Tedious, time-consuming, and exceedingly uninteresting. There are good reasons why no-one likes housework. Besides, when you wash clothes yourself, there is a strong possibility that wimps from the west are quite likely not to do the best possible job of it, either, in my experience.

3. Pay someone else to do your washing. Requires money. And those of us who labour under a leftish world view might struggle at the thought of foisting on those less powerful than ourselves the work we'd prefer not to be burdened with. Right wingers never, ever, really know how much those of us from the more colourful side of the rainbow's political rainbow, occasionally suffer, from such dilemmas, (before drowning our sorrows in something liquid and muttering 'sod that; I can't spend the rest of my life squaring these theological/ideological circles'....)

4. Set the machine yourself, and marvel at the fact that it is saving you hours and hours of drudgery.

5. Buy a cheaper machine, and when it breaks down (one month after the warranty has expired) curse yourself. And the buy the one you know you should have bought, in the first place.

Time...is money. *puts on cool sunglasses*

Shu15

macrumors regular
May 28, 2009
United States
Just bought the Magpul Field Case for my iPhone 5. I much prefer using my iPhone in the nude, but I was getting too paranoid about not having a case on it. I also have an Otterbox Defender, but it's way too bulky for my tastes. The Magpul should come in a week.

magpul_field_case_iphone_5_packaging.jpg

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2012
Just placed my order for a new Macbook Air 13" Core i7 8GB 128 Flash :D

Attachments

• Apple-Macbook-Air-2013.jpg
    Apple-Macbook-Air-2013.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 116

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
I'm just glad we're not talking about friggin' washers anymore :rolleyes:, lol.

Last purchase:

2 Wilson Combat "Officer" model for one of my Kimbers:
664199.jpg

And my Gerber LMF II came today. It's huge!
Gerber%20LMF%20II%20infantry%20black_A.jpg

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I'm just glad we're not talking about friggin' washers anymore :rolleyes:, lol.

Oh, gee...is that conversation over?

I have so much more to discuss about detergent, liquid fabric softeners vs sheets, hot vs warm vs cold washing...oh, so much more to cover!:p

Sorry the exchange went on so long, I'm sure it was really boring for everyone else.:eek:

:D

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Wont bother with images as we all know what these look like!

MacBook Air 11" - i7/8/256
Time Capsule- 2TB

aKCLee

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
Canada
dslr

decided to be nice to myself and splurge this week... one of the perks of being a bachelor i guess lol #foreveralone XD

9271186810_9e416d52fb_c.jpg

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Recently upgraded to the 5D Mark III, Sigma 35 f/1.4, MiniTT1, and (2) FlexTT5, so I might as well get a new ETTL capable 600EX-RT to go with it. :)

header.jpg

iPoopeh

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
I got this for my mom for her birthday [next Saturday]. She wants a Nike Fuelband.... But apparently the Fitbit Flex is better at tracking steps.

1671589-slide-fitbit-flex-black-3lights-72dpi.jpg

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Just bought the Magpul Field Case for my iPhone 5. I much prefer using my iPhone in the nude, but I was getting too paranoid about not having a case on it. I also have an Otterbox Defender, but it's way too bulky for my tastes. The Magpul should come in a week.

And you shall like it. It is my all-time favorite case to use and not because of how it is designed or that it is made in the USA, or that it costs just $13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.