Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Mar 23, 2013
UK
View attachment 2162364
Current homeoffice setup. M2 Mac Mini Pro 10/16/16 1TB and Apple Studio Display. I hook up the ASD (manually) to my work Thinkpad during office hours. Both computers connected via ethernet to router. External SSD and external HD plugged into the Mac Mini, as well as a Scansnap scanner. Laser printer is connected wirelessly. reMarkable2 tablet for notes and annotating pdfs.
How have you found controlling the brightness of the ASD when hooked up to your Windows laptop? My previous experience was that or maxed the brightness which was painful.

Swissfashion

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2020
Switzerland
How have you found controlling the brightness of the ASD when hooked up to your Windows laptop? My previous experience was that or maxed the brightness which was painful.
I set the brightness of ASD on the Mac mini before switching over to the PC. The setting is usually somewhere at the mid-point or slightly above.

GCtravellerguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2020
Finally upgraded my setup to Mac mini M2 Pro and Twin Thunderbolt 27" screens these screens are still totally usable in todays market if you aren't a professional just built well (did require a solid de dusting and replacing fans for longevities sake.

Attachments

• IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    579.6 KB · Views: 367

Monotremata

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2019
Fontana, CA
M2 Pro base sitting on a M1 16GB /256 (music streamer for my office) sitting on a HP Z2 Xeon Workstation.

Any heat issues with the M1 on the bottom?? I've got my 2020 i7 model stashed away now, but I was wondering if I could sit my M2 Pro on top and keep both on my desk without any issues...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.