Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jt.syrja

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2013
Finland

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Just moved into my dorm and I really like my setup here!

xLGmTnl.jpg

jclmavg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
2s1q7ih.jpg

33uucuh.jpg

Here's my 2013 Mac Pro setup. Quad core model with 64 gigs of ram. Akai rpm500 speakers, Universal Audio Apollo Twin, to the left there's the nektar P6 masterkeyboard, and then there's the LG 34UM95 monitor.

What you also don't see in the pic is the Blackmagic Multidock hidden inside the desk with 2,5 TB of SSDs. :)

Last edited:

jclmavg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
that screen is fantastic. I can really decide if I should get one of those (spaaaaceeee) or a 4K monitor (shaaaarp) :D
The LG screen might not be 4K (I have a mbpro retina also, I can appreciate the sharp image) but it is damned nice as it is. The space is just great, I'm happy I ditched my two monitor setup.

Seniordan

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Canada
That lamp is pimp. Is it constructed of plastic or alum? Judging by the price, I'm guessing plastic.

Thanks man! Yes, the base is definitely cheap-o plastic haha, but the neck/head are part plastic/part aluminium.

Pretty decent for $17, imo.

Cheers!

----------

Here's my 2013 Mac Pro setup.

Gosh I love this desk. I'm pretty sure I've seen it posted in this thread before and I looked into it but it was way beyond my means. :(

Awesome setup though!

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom

Here's my 2013 Mac Pro setup. Quad core model with 64 gigs of ram. Akai rpm500 speakers, Universal Audio Apollo Twin, to the left there's the nektar P6 masterkeyboard, and then there's the LG 34UM95 monitor.

What you also don't see in the pic is the Blackmagic Disk dock hidden inside the desk with 2,5 GB of SSDs. :)

Very nice setup! Whats you opinion on the Quad Core Mac Pro? Worth it?

TaskMedia

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014

What you also don't see in the pic is the Blackmagic Disk dock hidden inside the desk with 2,5 TB of SSDs. :)

Gosh, I need that monitor... :eek:

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah, it's hard to find something that matches at different heights. If you know of anything adjustable and doesn't look like it's made for 4 year olds, let me know!

I can't tell easily from your picture, but the Dell monitor appears to have the same height-adjustable stand my Dell's have. You should be able to lower it to the same level as your other screen. Of course this doesn't matter if the 2 screens are of different size/AR.

Otherwise, you would have to use a dual monitor mount (of the ones I've tried, suck).

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
It is the Bluelounge Studiodesk XL and it does cost a bit. Prices even went up after I bought it.

----------

Akai rpm500.

Ive been looking at the Bluelounge Studiodesk for almost 2 years now. I kept putting it off and putting it off but still keeping it on radar. Now like you said they raised the price on both the standard and the xl by quite a bit. Now im really hitting myself. Im not sure ill spring for it now. Its a nice desk but their price raise might have put it to a point I dont wanna pay that much. I my just opt for a pure white desk from ikea for 10% of the cost. It wont be as nice but whatever. Leaves a lot of beer money left over.

jclmavg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
Ive been looking at the Bluelounge Studiodesk for almost 2 years now. I kept putting it off and putting it off but still keeping it on radar. Now like you said they raised the price on both the standard and the xl by quite a bit. Now im really hitting myself. Im not sure ill spring for it now. Its a nice desk but their price raise might have put it to a point I dont wanna pay that much. I my just opt for a pure white desk from ikea for 10% of the cost. It wont be as nice but whatever. Leaves a lot of beer money left over.
You might want to look for a reseller which still has it for the old price? That is what I did. Either way, it's a great and solid desk, not sure an Ikea desk will be as satisfying. :p

wexter

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2014
rMBP 13"
Logitech K360
Logitech Mouse Anywhere MX
24" LCD
OnePlus One

Attachments

• IMG_0447 (kopie).jpg
    IMG_0447 (kopie).jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 1,186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.