Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmanSLR

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2007
thx for the link

I looked on google and apple downloads but couldn't find it, no need to *sigh*

Aug 6, 2007
thx for the link

I looked on google and apple downloads but couldn't find it, no need to *sigh*

Sorry, but even a quick search on these forums for 'clock screensaver' brings it up on the first page of results.

It's been asked a lot of times. :)

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Ok well some more up to date photos.

glass has been removed from desk, grills off Gigaworks speakers, new dock and remote near bed, wireless apple keyboard.

Next things to come are an 8GB nano, and Bose companion 5's.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05897.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05905.jpg

bed side dock ready for speakers when new ones arrive (gigaworks will be used for night time music ;);););)
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05900.jpg

iPod dock running large stereo in ikea unit

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l235/mdjones3000/DSC05896.jpg

regards,

Mark.

how expensive were those speakers no shorter than a 5 year old?

Kaiser Phoenix

Cancelled
May 12, 2005
Heres mine

PS3 Ceramic White, KRK VXT4, SONY BRAVIA 20, MBP2.33, Nintendo Wii Under the desk, Motu Ultralite

Attachments

• DSC00719.JPG
    DSC00719.JPG
    862.2 KB · Views: 518

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
do you have enough room to insert a CD?

barely, but yes, i can i have enough room to for the cd, and a pink next to it, exactly, i knew when i bought the imac that it would cover some of those small cubby, by i completely forget about the cd slot, but now that i have it, it fits... and again, barely

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
Kaiser, what kind of 'stand' are you using? I've never seen it before. All I've ever seen is the iCurve, elevator, and the mStand.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Budget would be mega handy, 2.1 setups range from £15 to several hundreds. Of course (depending on budget) you'd probably be better off with a proper 2.0 setup rather than an PC 2.1 setup.

Hmm, I'm probably not gonna be in the market for 'em for a while, but I'd say around $100-150 would be my budget.

They don't have to be 2.1's, but I'd LOVE them to be compact, so that's why I figured I'd have to go with 2.1's. Since this is a Mac setups thread, I'll go ahead and throw up a pic of my setup, so that you can get a good idea of the little bit of space I'm working with. Since this pic was taken, I've added an iPod dock for my 4th Gen. iPod to the left of the iMac.

iMac3.JPG

As you can see, I don't have much space to work with. I need to take some updated setup pics, but it's late and I don't feel like it right now. :p

I'm basically just looking for the best sounding compact speakers that I can find for around $100-150.

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
My current Mac setup (MacBook with Saitek Eclipse keyboard & Kensington Expert trackball);
desk_panorama.jpg

FadeToBlack: have a look to see if you can find the Creative Inspire M85-D 2.0 speakers, they are probably the best quality computer-oriented speakers in that price range.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I'll agree with the anti-Bose sentiment when it comes to their consumer line up, but I'm always impressed with the systems I see in concert venues/clubs.

I loved the 8 x 4.5" cabs they did/do. Coupled with their old bass cabs they were fantasic when I used to DJ. I'm guessing the modern versions of them sound even better.

The consumer stuff doesn't cut it for me though.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
FadeToBlack: have a look to see if you can find the Creative Inspire M85-D 2.0 speakers, they are probably the best quality computer-oriented speakers in that price range.

Thanks for the suggestion. Did a bit of looking around and while those look like awesome speakers, they're not compact enough. Maybe I should just get a bigger desk? :p

Seriously, though, what I need is something similar to the JBL Creature II's. (small satellite speakers and small sub) My only gripe with those was that the power button was on the sub, which didn't make any sense to me at all. I'm not in a big hurry to get speakers, so I'm open to more suggestions if anyone has any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.