Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
I got this laptop from my job bec they dont want or have the money to fix it. It works fine as it should except for the screen half of it works. I just want to ask what to do, invest the money to see if the repairs is just a cable or a new screen or ebay without the software cds. Since its an old laptop, would be good enought for my designs stuff and I was planning on getting a laptop but way later in the year. Anyway if you seen this problem happen in a laptop or may have an idea what it can be please feel free to give me a post.

Thank you

Picture.jpg

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Think it would be a good idea for a new screen I see alot of people replace screens easily in these forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
hmmm I dont have the CDS for the laptop is it possible to sell it empty? or just add Linux to show it works?

Thanks for info

I was hopping this laptop just needed a cable replaced and would cost 50 bucks but T___T how can I know if its the monitor or cable

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
You can try selling it to ifixit.com. I sold my broken Ti-Book to them, miss it dearly though. :(

You may also think about plugging an external monitor into it and using it as a desktop....

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Ohh nice website, I wish they buy desktops also.

Hmmm those screens are 500 bucks forgot repairing it I am most likely going to sell it to them, is there a way to erase a computer since I dont have the OS for the laptop, Just use another OSX disc and erase it from there?
or get a system disk.

Thank You

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.