Powerbook 17" 1.33 mhz and Nintendo gamecube

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by trunksfujita, Oct 7, 2003.

1. macrumors member

i want to be able to play my nintendo gamecube, so i want to connect my gamecube to my 17" 1.33mhz powerbook, using those 3 AV cables the regular red, yellow, white cables that come with VCRs and stuff like that. is there an adapter that i could buy for my powerbook, that will have those three connectors the red, white, and blue calbles. please help

2. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

3. macrumors regular

Im not sure if I understand you here, but I don't think what you want to do is possible. It seams that you want to use your PB as a display. Your PB only has a video OUT. You would need a video IN so your GameCube can send the signal TO you PB. Im not aware of anything that can do this.

4. macrumors 6502a

macphoria

I personally use Formac Studio TVR for similar purpose. But there is a slight lag. Maybe half a second or less. So when I play a game that require split second timing, it doesn't work too well.

Maybe Elgato Eye TV performs better?

5. macrumors 65816

plinkoman

no eye tv is usb, it would be far slower then the formac, which is firewire.

6. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I remember when my PowerBook G3 came out, there was a cardbus video card/input that you could get that was supposed to be good, but it was pretty expensive and I don't know if they make those anymore. I can't remember the name, but I don't even know of any cardbus stuff that is even made anymore, nor do I know if they are fast enough to use with a video game system.

7. macrumors 6502a

LimeLite