Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trunksfujita

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2003
Miami
i want to be able to play my nintendo gamecube, so i want to connect my gamecube to my 17" 1.33mhz powerbook, using those 3 AV cables the regular red, yellow, white cables that come with VCRs and stuff like that. is there an adapter that i could buy for my powerbook, that will have those three connectors the red, white, and blue calbles. please help

RiseAgainst

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2003
Im not sure if I understand you here, but I don't think what you want to do is possible. It seams that you want to use your PB as a display. Your PB only has a video OUT. You would need a video IN so your GameCube can send the signal TO you PB. Im not aware of anything that can do this.

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
I personally use Formac Studio TVR for similar purpose. But there is a slight lag. Maybe half a second or less. So when I play a game that require split second timing, it doesn't work too well.

Maybe Elgato Eye TV performs better?

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
Originally posted by macphoria
I personally use Formac Studio TVR for similar purpose. But there is a slight lag. Maybe half a second or less. So when I play a game that require split second timing, it doesn't work too well.

Maybe Elgato Eye TV performs better?

no eye tv is usb, it would be far slower then the formac, which is firewire.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I remember when my PowerBook G3 came out, there was a cardbus video card/input that you could get that was supposed to be good, but it was pretty expensive and I don't know if they make those anymore. I can't remember the name, but I don't even know of any cardbus stuff that is even made anymore, nor do I know if they are fast enough to use with a video game system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.