Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lapdance Jockey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Valley of the Sun
Hi all

I just wanted to thank you for answering my previous questions and to ask another one :cool:

I have the powerbook g4 laptop and the backlighting on the keyboard was great - super bright etc - i was even messing with it - placing my hand over the speakers on the left activated it even during well lit conditions (i did that like 3 times just to show off)

Now today the backlight is considerably dimmer - power is plugged in- it looks good when its pitch black in the room - but in low light you can barely see it -

it doesnt get any brighter or dimmer now - it has one setting - thats it - and its weak.

Any thoughts on how to get the brightness back up or what could have caused the problem?

many thanks

:(

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The controls for the brightness of the backlight are on F9 (lower) and F10 (brighter). When the backlight is on try holding down F10.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Macaddicttt said:
I don't have a PowerBook, so I can't try this out myself, but doesn't F10 just activate Exposé? Or do you just hold down the fn button?

Not a PowerBook with backlit keyboard. You need to use the fn key to get F10 (which activates Exposé).

Most of the F keys are allocated to something else by default (F1 - F10 are all used).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.