Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Hello all. Needing to replace the DC-in/USB jack on a PowerBook G4. It is the 1.5GHz ALS model. From looking around on eBay, I see a bunch of DC-in boards that look exactly the same, but with differentiating part numbers and prices. Does it matter which one I buy, as long as it fits a 15" 1.5GHz PB and looks the same? I do not see where the difference is on these besides the part number. If you have any info on this please do share. :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hello all. Needing to replace the DC-in/USB jack on a PowerBook G4. It is the 1.5GHz ALS model. From looking around on eBay, I see a bunch of DC-in boards that look exactly the same, but with differentiating part numbers and prices. Does it matter which one I buy, as long as it fits a 15" 1.5GHz PB and looks the same? I do not see where the difference is on these besides the part number. If you have any info on this please do share. :)

Thanks in advance!
Yeah, it does matter. You can see the little differences once you compare them side by side. I have two 17" PBs (one a 1Ghz, and the other a 1.67Ghz HD-DLSD). The two parts are quite different, although they occupy the same dimensions.

There's also differences between the 1.67Ghz standard res model DC In Board and the DLSD.

I'd do a Google search of ebay with the model number of your Mac. In my case, it'd look like this: ebay.com A1013 DC+In+board

Google can actually give you better results from eBay than the eBay search box. If you happen to get a listing that shows a different part number, but lists your model number then that should be ok (even though it contradicts what I'm saying).

zackkmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Denver
Thank you for the response. I found the model number (A1106) and searched according to that. Much appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.