Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
The display on my powerbook went out recently, a user inflicted problem. But it still works great connected to an external display, so that's how I've been using it.
The problem is I'm trying to reinstall Tiger on it right now and it's now just coming up to the blue install screen on my external display as monitor 2 and I can't see anything. Is there anyway to reverse or mirror the displays from startup.. I don't know I'm going get this OS installed while stuck on monitor 2. :(

Edit: I should also mention, I don't have a top lid on my powerbook at all. So I can't close it and force the system to use the external display.

mspikes

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Display problem

Here's what you should do: When you get to that blue screen you're referring to, hold down the FN key and then press the F7 key (or the key that has an icon that looks like two rectangles hanging over one another). That should switch your displays from dual-display to mirror display mode.

How long did you have your laptop b4 your display went bad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.