Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

splotty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Hi
I have a PB G4 Aluminium 15" 1.25Ghz and it died when one of the hinges snapped. I managed to get a replacement hinge and fixed that. While I was doing it I noticed the cable from the Logic Board to the screen had bared wires around the hinge so I got hold of a cable and fixed that. While I was there and opened up I put in a new hard drive put it all together and loaded Panther. It booted up ok but would hang after a few minutes. Also the clock needed resetting so I suppose the Backup battery is not working also the main battery although it charges up it loses power very quickly.
I have PMU reset, PRAM reset and NVRAM reset, I have also tried it with and without the Airport Extreme card. One of the RAM chips was not being recognised so I got another and replaced it and I have now ordered a new backup battery. Starting up is intermittent and it always hangs after a short while, has anyone got any ideas, it seems so close to getting it working again I would hate to give up on it.

ps. sorry for the long and garbled post, I've read loads but nothing quite hits the spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.