Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Ok, I tried all day yesterday to get this to work, but it won't.
I got a PB Kanga (1st gen G3 PB) a week or so ago. It came with OS 9.1J on it and it ran smoothly. No problems at all.
I reformatted to put another OS on, and it's not working at all. Everytime I run the installer, an error message comes up. Specifically: 'Problems were encountered accessing the file "Security Library" on the disk "Macintosh HD". Please move the file to another folder and try again.' This has happened with OS 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 and 9.1. even with the supplied recovery CD. Each time it's a different file, "Security Library", "Memory Control Panel" ,etc, etc. And yes, I've reformatted the drive. I've even done a barebones, no options install and it still chokes.

WTF is going on??? :confused: :confused:

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
5300cs said:
Ok, I tried all day yesterday to get this to work, but it won't.
I got a PB Kanga (1st gen G3 PB) a week or so ago. It came with OS 9.1J on it and it ran smoothly. No problems at all.
I reformatted to put another OS on, and it's not working at all. Everytime I run the installer, an error message comes up. Specifically: 'Problems were encountered accessing the file "Security Library" on the disk "Macintosh HD". Please move the file to another folder and try again.' This has happened with OS 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 and 9.1. even with the supplied recovery CD. Each time it's a different file, "Security Library", "Memory Control Panel" ,etc, etc. And yes, I've reformatted the drive. I've even done a barebones, no options install and it still chokes.

WTF is going on??? :confused: :confused:

Your cdrom is probably giving up, try to install from an external cdrom or install the OS on another computer and copy it over to the kanga.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Mmm, I had considered that. The only external CD drive I have is an Apple CD Drive ... but I can't find a CD caddy at the moment :rolleyes:

Copying over an OS from another machine doesn't seem viable right now. I cannot even get an OS on to begin with, unless just booting off the CD gives me network access? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.