Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

el greenerino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
iBook palmrests are a hassle. They get covered in dirt and grim and are impossible to clean(I use a white eraser). I've resorted to wearing wristbands, thank goodness they're in fashion for us 'emo' kiddies.

Do powerbooks have the same problem?

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
el greenerino said:
iBook palmrests are a hassle. They get covered in dirt and grim and are impossible to clean(I use a white eraser). I've resorted to wearing wristbands, thank goodness they're in fashion for us 'emo' kiddies.

Do powerbooks have the same problem?
check out this thread. Personally, I thought the iBook palmrests were better.

Aww, emo? How sweet :)

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
I had an iBook G4 and now a 12' PB... I would say that the PB is much better. The plastic that the iBook is made up of is pourous (as you very well know) and collects dirt very easily. The PB on the other hand is a perfectlly slick, nonpourous surface. The same problem does not exist on the PB.

So, yes, the PB palmrests are better than the iBook ones. (But then again, so is just about everything about the PB)

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
michaelrjohnson said:
I had an iBook G4 and now a 12' PB... I would say that the PB is much better. The plastic that the iBook is made up of is pourous (as you very well know) and collects dirt very easily. The PB on the other hand is a perfectlly slick, nonpourous surface. The same problem does not exist on the PB.

So, yes, the PB palmrests are better than the iBook ones. (But then again, so is just about everything about the PB)

sorry, I've not used an iBook for long enough to notice this? You mean it soaks up small amounts of sweat/water? weird?! why would apple makes a computer with a pourous surface? especially one that gets touched all the time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.