Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aminadab

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Hello-
After taking my 1st Gen 12" Powerbook in for Apple Care concerning a burn mark on the lower screen and power issues, having the problem continue, then taking it in again, Apple switched out my old PB for a new 1.5.! After the initial shock, I'm wondering if they've gotten the battery problems fixed. My 867 got about an hour and a half of life. I haven't gotten a chance to test my new machine out. What's the verdict on the newer models? Thanks.

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2004
Well apple.com still mentions the recall, but im sure the new powerbooks dont come with that series of battery... as for battery life; your 867 battery was probably getting old, thus it wouldnt last as long... it also depends on what you do and how bright the screen is... (now if by problem fixed you meant longer than 5 hours or so as the theretical max, no that hasn't changed)

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
If you haven't seen it yet, here's Apple's guide for their batteries.

Yes, you should see more than 1.5 hours of battery life from your new PB, even with intense use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.