Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poolin1243

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2005
Kansas City,MO/Milwaukee, WI
well my problem is TWO misses....the first one was a lemon..and on round two, THIS ONE is a LEMON....thats not cool apple...not cool...but ya...they just started working on it...and ya...thats all the repairs it needs...and ya its like they have built me a new computer!!! all the parts, save for the LCD are new in this computer! sheesh!!!

it just really angers me.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
i know of more than one person who struggled with Apple Care and a lemon G5 Power Mac for OVER A YEAR. Apple basically replacing every part in the machine one at a time for a month at a time until finally declaring it dead and offering a replacement. all well and good but what about that year of life they lost? sucks. my only experience with Apple Care (fell asleep with my TiBook on my lap and it took a swan dive to the tile floor) was good. i had it back in just a few days.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
LOL nice one MacTruck - that's the way to do it. :D

i guess Apple is just another company, and they're in business to make a profit. so i guess like others they can't just have everything done as quick as we'd like. although it's always nice when it happens like that.

but i do think they need to rethink their 'lemons' policy or something. :rolleyes:

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
So basically I got a free thinkpad and $2000 cash.

I guess you got lucky buying machines off ebay that were still in warranty. My question would be why the sellers on ebay didn't attempt to send the machines back to IBM if they were in warranty? That is odd.

Anyhow, I would hope that service in the US is a bit better for Apple. I am sure some of us all have horror stories, but if the majority are happy, then very good. Like I said, when I purchase my MBP I am going to get AppleCare.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
maestro55 said:
I guess you got lucky buying machines off ebay that were still in warranty. My question would be why the sellers on ebay didn't attempt to send the machines back to IBM if they were in warranty? That is odd.

Anyhow, I would hope that service in the US is a bit better for Apple. I am sure some of us all have horror stories, but if the majority are happy, then very good. Like I said, when I purchase my MBP I am going to get AppleCare.

They did and the machines never got fixed correctly. I have a secret though, its called finese. You be polite but demanding and you will get a new machine. Also, got to get lucky with a nice customer service rep. I had a sweetheart lady that gave me anything I asked for. I actually had to restrain myself from asking for more as I felt I was overdoing it. Also I guess because that was right when IBM was being sold to lenovo so they probably were pissed about losing their jobs and were giving stuff away. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.