Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joefinan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Kingston-Upon-Thames, UK
A hefty whack makes it go (usually) but it's getting worse and worse. Does anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• Photo0051.jpg
    Photo0051.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 78

oliverlubin

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
A hefty whack makes it go (usually) but it's getting worse and worse. Does anyone else have this problem?

same thing here. i tried to have it fixed under the white splotch recall but mine was outside of the three year window.

they offered depot repair for $300 to fix anything and everything wrong with it (through the Apple store). i declined for now.

there are a number of threads on the apple discussion forums regarding this issue.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Mine has just been repaired for the same issue. The whole screen was replaced. Of course, I can't test it as the repair centre didn't send my power adapter back and the battery it totally flat. :rolleyes:

One good thing is that the battery should be calibrated now. :)

What spec are you machines?
I wonder if we have the same...
Mine's a 15" 1.5GHz (Model A1095)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
They MIGHT have problems, but if you know how to manipulate pictures, you would see that the picture is not genuine.

I've been using Photoshop since version 3. But I've also had a PB with the same problem.
You're comment is totally uncalled for.

oliverlubin

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
What does that mean oliverlubin??

http://www.apple.com/support/powerbook/displayprogram/

mine has that problem as well and as the technote says, they *may* extend the program and provide repairs "as needed". as of right now im not in the place to shell out $300 for something they may cover down the road.

and i would say that our problem is not a typical problem for these models but it's not uncommon. as for a "bad photoshop job," what could possibly be anyone's motivation for creating a fake picture of a problem their having and then asking people for advice?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Have you tried to get it repaired?

It was outside the repair programme so I just lived with it. Like I lived with the display glitch. Other things happened so I was forced to get it repaired. I was hoping they'd extend the repair programme as the serial number for my PB was only just outside the range.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.