Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

extremo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
MN
good day-

My powerbook now refuses to turn on after going to sleep. I can hear the machine running, however, the screen is completely black. Even when i hold the ctrl, apple, power button the machine wont restart. I physically have to take out the battery to turn it off and on to restart. The machine works fine as long as i dont put it to sleep. I have repaired disk permissions, with no change. Any idea of the problem whether it would be hardware or software? thanks.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
extremo said:
good day-

My powerbook now refuses to turn on after going to sleep. I can hear the machine running, however, the screen is completely black. Even when i hold the ctrl, apple, power button the machine wont restart. I physically have to take out the battery to turn it off and on to restart. The machine works fine as long as i dont put it to sleep. I have repaired disk permissions, with no change. Any idea of the problem whether it would be hardware or software? thanks.

i had a similar problem where it would return from sleep but no login window would appear ( i had it make me login before i could use it from sleep or screen saver )... try this because I have seen people say it's hardware others say it's software. create a brand new user, and put it to sleep and see if it returns or not... that would give you an idea that if it does work fine it is software and otherwise it might be hardware related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.