Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Can anyone suggest a solution on how to get 2 finger-tap = right/click working on a 15" G4 PowerBook.
Right now after a clean install of Tiger (10.4.11) 1 finger tap to click for left click works but I need to use the Ctrl button to get a right click.
I know this works with this laptop running Leopard but I'd like to find a way to get it working in Tiger also.
--------------------------------------
Picture 2.png

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
What you're all saying then is I should stop trying to make it happen...:(
View attachment 602469
Yeah. iScroll2 utilitizes the older ADB bus to give you two finger scrolling and touchpad+clicking.

But the later PBs had a different trackpad bus so this won't work.

I missed that you have the DLSD otherwise I would not have suggested it.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
Yeah. iScroll2 utilitizes the older ADB bus to give you two finger scrolling and touchpad+clicking.

But the later PBs had a different trackpad bus so this won't work.

I missed that you have the DLSD otherwise I would not have suggested it.
The only reason I pointed it out is because I own one. PowerBook5,8 is the identifier and I recognized it

Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Anything new about PowerBookG4/Trackpad/RightMouseClick on Tiger?
I've been searching the web for a while, but I couldn't find any solution yet.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
iScroll2 will work on non DLSD and Titanium PowerBook G4's
The OP's PowerBook 5,6 is not a DLSD, it's an early '05 which happens to be the same model I have and the trackpad does support native two-finger scrolling. I have not tried iScroll2 on my mid '05 12" iBook G4 which is still on Tiger, but I wouldn't expect it to work there either (it also supports native two-finger scrolling).

From the page @eyoungren linked:
Supported models include most aluminum PowerBooks introduced from 2003 to 2004 as well as most G4 iBooks.

Note: Models that have two-finger scrolling already built-in are not supported! These use a completely different, USB-based trackpad, the driver or which is not available as open source.

Last edited:

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
The OP's PowerBook 5,6 is not a DLSD, it's an early '05 which happens to be the same model I have and the trackpad does support native two-finger scrolling. I have not tried iScroll2 on my mid '05 12" iBook G4 which is still on Tiger, but I wouldn't expect it to work there either (it also supports native two-finger scrolling).

From the page @eyoungren linked:
Wow my bad, when I posted that originally I could have sworn the 6 was an 8!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.