Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
I received the box from Apple to send my 5-week-old Powerbook back because of video stability problems. Does anyone have an idea or experience in time involved in a turn around for repairs? I should expect my repaired machine in the mail as opposed to neat surprises? I do have Apple Care.

Yes, it’s an old problem as I have always lacked in the area of patience.

Thank you for any comments

Michael

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Michael7k said:
I received the box from Apple to send my 5-week-old Powerbook back because of video stability problems. Does anyone have an idea or experience in time involved in a turn around for repairs? I should expect my repaired machine in the mail as opposed to neat surprises? I do have Apple Care.

Yes, it’s an old problem as I have always lacked in the area of patience.

Thank you for any comments

Michael

I'd say anything from 3 days to 2 weeks. They swapped the logic board on my Powerbook twice inside 5 days. How fast did the box come from calling them?

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
AlBDamned said:
I'd say anything from 3 days to 2 weeks. They swapped the logic board on my Powerbook twice inside 5 days. How fast did the box come from calling them?

I was surprised as the box arrived two days after calling them. Hate to hear about your logic board times two....ouch

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Michael7k said:
I was surprised as the box arrived two days after calling them. Hate to hear about your logic board times two....ouch

You'll likely get it back within a week unless it's a major problem. The reason for the second LB was they actually put the wrong processor back in. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.