Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdesignz

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
Hi!

No, your best update options are:

ATi X800XT

or

nVidia 7800 GS

Good Luck!

I plan on running a couple of 30" apple displays on one of these cards..So which one,I was told either the Nvidia 7800GT I don't want to flash anything,or the Radeon ATiX800XT? I do a ton of video editing.special effects and graphic design work.So out of those cards,which one would you rec?

thanks..

sysiphus

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
I plan on running a couple of 30" apple displays on one of these cards..So which one,I was told either the Nvidia 7800GT I don't want to flash anything,or the Radeon ATiX800XT? I do a ton of video editing.special effects and graphic design work.So out of those cards,which one would you rec?

thanks..

The X800XT has one DVI-DL and one ADC port. You can only run one dual-link DVI output off of it, even with an ADC-DVI adapter. The 30" ACD requires a DL-DVI connection to run at native resolution, so you're out of luck with it if you want to run two. Your best bet for two is either a Geforce 6800 DDL (GT or Ultra), or a flashed PC card. I'd just grab a 6800--they're less than $200 if you look carefully.

gdesignz

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
The X800XT has one DVI-DL and one ADC port. You can only run one dual-link DVI output off of it, even with an ADC-DVI adapter. The 30" ACD requires a DL-DVI connection to run at native resolution, so you're out of luck with it if you want to run two. Your best bet for two is either a Geforce 6800 DDL (GT or Ultra), or a flashed PC card. I'd just grab a 6800--they're less than $200 if you look carefully.

I could only find them for sale in Hong Kong,shipped $245 and that'll solve my problems..lets hope I don't have to return it..lol

thanks..I am going to by the 6800 Ultra

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.