Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doga

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2003
Near Montréal, Canada
The Marathon series (Marathon, Marathon 2: Durandal, and Marathon Infinity) are my all-time hands-down faves. The indie Marathon EVIL which is based on the same engine is pretty darn good too. Sure they're old games and the graphics don't come anywhere close to current standards, but I love 'em.

Also MYST and Riven if you like immersive puzzle-solving stuff. Dated too, but classic in their own ways.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
What are some good games for my iMac G4 running leopard?

Can we have the CPU speed and exact graphics you have? If you want help you need to explain what you have. "iMac G4" can mean any one of the 7-8 different ones that were released ranging from 700MHz to 1.25GHz.

Games I have, love and play on my G4 (see sig) with a Geforce 6200 256MB are as follows:

Oni, Quake 3, Halo 1.5, Battlefield 1942, Command & Conquer General with Zero Hour expansion pack, SpiderMan 2, Ghost Recon, Stubbs the Zombie, The Return of the King, Tony Hawk 2 and True Crime

All those play very smoothly and then I also have Quake 4 but it plays very choppy unless all quality settings are all the way down.

Last edited:

Doga

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2003
Near Montréal, Canada
Ah, snap! You mentioned Leopard but it didn't click with me at the time. If you want to try the Marathon games you'll have to go with Aleph One in OS X - unless your iMac can dual-boot into OS9 (the native OS of the original versions).

VanneDC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Dubai, UAE
anyone know how to run Baldurs gate(1) on Leopard?
i love max pain, halo, doom3, Dungeon Seige, Kotor and a couple of others that dont spring to mind.. NWN is also a classic and runs great :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.