Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

overfedexed

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
Lots of misinformation.

PS already has wider films shipping directly from them

The anti glare model number ending in AJ sold in Apple stores is the narrow ones, the ones with no AJ on the end are shipped directly from PS and are wider with better cutouts.

Wider as in the protector going all the way to the edge of the phone or just to the edge of the viewable part?

Mine would just cover the viewable part, but the PS rep said that they had some coming out that would be wider than those.

I just received mine the other day and they were supposed to be better than the Apple ones. I didn't have any of those to compare mine to, but there was no AJ on mine anywhere.

Last edited:

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Lots of misinformation.

PS already has wider films shipping directly from them

The anti glare model number ending in AJ sold in Apple stores is the narrow ones, the ones with no AJ on the end are shipped directly from PS and are wider with better cutouts.

The new ones are wider, yes. But they still leave a larger-than-normal (by PS standards) amount of the outer glass edge uncovered.

Saberon2014

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Right, because the glass is curved. If they made it for the whole front, it would not adhere around the curved edge.

overfedexed

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
Third revision might be even slightly wider?

The new ones are wider, yes. But they still leave a larger-than-normal (by PS standards) amount of the outer glass edge uncovered.

Per the csr from PS, with believe and slightly wider being the key words;

I believe we'll be producing a film that is slightly wider in the future, though I don't know how soon we'll have them available.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

scsiguru

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
I have also been a big fan and user of Power Support screen protectors from the days I had the 3Gs. I ordered the clear screen protector for my Iphone 6and I must say I was dissapointed with the fit. I believe they could have done a better job with the cutouts..since getting a good alignment with the home button and earphone, front camera is nearly impossible. Also, they could have added more lenght and width to the protector to at least provide more protection to wher the curve starts.

Anyway, I email PS yesterday voicing my dissapointment with the product and have not heard anything back. So I guess the seach (and wait) goes on to find a "better" screen protector.

I'll keep watching this forum to see what others may provide in their similar quest.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
You'll wait a while from "yesterday" if you just emailed them. Keep in mind that there are a LOT of unhappy customers, and a LOT who heard that PowerSupport will rectify the situation.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
You'll wait a while from "yesterday" if you just emailed them. Keep in mind that there are a LOT of unhappy customers, and a LOT who heard that PowerSupport will rectify the situation.

No you wont. I heard back from them in less than a day.

vassilbg

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
They've actually been really quick in response times. Less than 24 hours for sure, and for me, its been a few hours after I send the email and they respond. Great customer support and excellent products as many have mentioned.

I have the current version 2 of Anti Glare, which 'barley' covers the screen itself, waiting on revision 3. I have the clear matte Air Jacket on the way as well.

overfedexed

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
So they are responding quickly to some folks and slowly to others? I stand corrected.

After I saw your post I emailed PS. I heard back from them in less than 24 hours. I got my refund within three days I think.

Thanks again ddublu.

scsiguru

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
After I saw your post I emailed PS. I heard back from them in less than 24 hours. I got my refund within three days I think.

Thanks again ddublu.

You must have been one of the lucky ones...still no response from them. I'll wait a few more days and send another email...just not happy with these screen protectors.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
So as I mentioned PS told me they would send a revision 2 version of the crystal film set to me for free to replace the poor fitting revision 1 anti-glare.

When I heard they were working on a revision 3, I told them to just send me revision 3 when they have it ready, this was a while ago.

I was getting restless though to ditch this stop gap anti glare protector which I really hate, poor fitment aside, and was almost to the point of just telling them to send me revision 2 and I'd buy revision 3 when it was ready. As luck would have it, they actually came right out at about that time and told me they would send me revision 2 for now, and also revision 3 later. i thought awesome, great.

got the revision 2 films today. they are for the 6+, not the 6 despite numerous times mentioning that i wanted crystal films for the 6. ugh. another week or more with the anti glare, yuck.

scsiguru

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
I got a refund for my revision 2 and I'll be anxiously waiting for revision 3 to see how it fits.

Mr. PoopyPants

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2011
Gotta hand it to PowerSupport - they were very prompt in mailing out a replacement. It's not perfect, but definitely better than the first version and they get a huge thumbs up in customer service from me.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
On the plus side they have already shipped another set of the correct ones and told me to keep the 6+ ones.

so a big thumbs up to PS for trying to do right.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
I just put the latest PowerSupport screen protector for iPhone 6 on, the one they sell at the Apple Store Yorkdale (Toronto). Oddly they were still selling the previous version right beside it (that one had a sticker for iPhone 6; the newer one had "iPhone 6" right in the packaging text).

It fits pretty well, mostly because it doesn't extend to the sloping glass on the sides, or the top and bottom. This works well for me since I prefer a case with a lip, so it ensures no interference with cases.

And yay, it went on perfectly. No dust, no bubbles, just right.

scsiguru

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
I just put the latest PowerSupport screen protector for iPhone 6 on, the one they sell at the Apple Store Yorkdale (Toronto). Oddly they were still selling the previous version right beside it (that one had a sticker for iPhone 6; the newer one had "iPhone 6" right in the packaging text).

It fits pretty well, mostly because it doesn't extend to the sloping glass on the sides, or the top and bottom. This works well for me since I prefer a case with a lip, so it ensures no interference with cases.

And yay, it went on perfectly. No dust, no bubbles, just right.

Do you have any pics? Just curious to see how far it extends on the glass. The one I have could certainly go out farther without getting to the slope. Thanks!!

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
I'll see what I can find to take the photos :)

But.. agreed. The screen protector could be larger.

Do you have any pics? Just curious to see how far it extends on the glass. The one I have could certainly go out farther without getting to the slope. Thanks!!

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
I have the PS film on my 6+. The figment looks just like yours. I like it, don't mind the cutouts as the protector covers 99.9% of the screen. In a year I'll peel it off and sell my phone on eBay just like always.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.