Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcw2012

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
For those in the UK it looks like the Power Support bumpers (imported from Japan) are now available on Amazon for £39.99 with free p&p. Just search for Power Support bumpers and you should see them.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
Good deal but no black. I couldn't wait any longer and I just purchased from Chuwa. I have a black i5 so went with all black bumper. Very fast email response from Chuwa and concerned about shipments to CA. He said CA customs takes about a week before it is released (warning to those who want to buy that live in CA).

Just gonna stick with the bumper and nekkid phone. Thinking of adding a trunket back, we'll see.

Last edited:

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach
Ordered the white/silver one from amazon yesterday . Tracking info says it will be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it!

Batman89

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Good deal but no black. I couldn't wait any longer and I just purchased from Chuwa. I have a black i5 so went with all black bumper. Very fast email response from Chuwa and concerned about shipments to CA. He said CA customs takes about a week before it is released (warning to those who want to buy that live in CA).

Just gonna stick with the bumper and nekkid phone. Thinking of adding a trunket back, we'll see.

I live in Cali and ordered one from Chuwa. Was in customs for like about a week and a half, so be patient with it!

Here's my take on the bumper (I bought a black for my black iPhone 5) - It's a different kind of bumper. Don't expect the same "feel" as Apple's original because it isn't. The bumper itself is on the same level of the iPhone itself. It's designed to be an "extension" of the iPhone's side. It makes the phone a little taller and a little wider. The "lift" the phone has is by a thin rubber part that lies in between the phone's edge and the bumper.

This is what causes the awkward feel of the phone when you hold it, I think. I've had it for about a week, and I had completely forgotten about the feel until I read it in this thread. After about 3 days with it, you get used to it. I love how the color matches the phone perfectly, and it's unfortunate here some people didn't like it.

It's a different type of bumper, and the only one that I've seen that offers the phone protection without compromising the styling. Actually, in many ways, it enhances it.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
For some reason, that high price just cannot justify my willingness to buy. If someone sold it $30 flat, I'd buy it in a heart beat

Enforce

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2012
South East Asia
It's a different type of bumper, and the only one that I've seen that offers the phone protection without compromising the styling. Actually, in many ways, it enhances it.

:cool: well said. however not everybody will appreciate such style. different expectations i guess. but so long as the manufacturer sell as they advertised i think its more than fair.

And for the case of the Flat bumper, it should be considered a success. :)

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
I live in Cali and ordered one from Chuwa. Was in customs for like about a week and a half, so be patient with it!

Here's my take on the bumper (I bought a black for my black iPhone 5) - It's a different kind of bumper. Don't expect the same "feel" as Apple's original because it isn't. The bumper itself is on the same level of the iPhone itself. It's designed to be an "extension" of the iPhone's side. It makes the phone a little taller and a little wider. The "lift" the phone has is by a thin rubber part that lies in between the phone's edge and the bumper.

This is what causes the awkward feel of the phone when you hold it, I think. I've had it for about a week, and I had completely forgotten about the feel until I read it in this thread. After about 3 days with it, you get used to it. I love how the color matches the phone perfectly, and it's unfortunate here some people didn't like it.

Right now it says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment". Does that really mean stuck in customs? lol

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
I was really close to getting one but noticed in some pictures while researching that the metallic versions have a shine on them. Not for me.

The iPhone has a shine to it too if you bounce light off of it. I think the shine makes the case more desirable. Pictures can be deceptive. I just ordered the white and silver version off of amazon. I should get it next week. I'll let you know if it is shiny when I get it.

chrscap

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
The iPhone has a shine to it too if you bounce light off of it. I think the shine makes the case more desirable. Pictures can be deceptive. I just ordered the white and silver version off of amazon. I should get it next week. I'll let you know if it is shiny when I get it.

Im pretty sure that the silver does not shine, its the blue and red one that have it.

When I mean by shine, I mean a mirror like shine. All colors except for blue and red have a matte finish with little shine (like the i5 phone)

Take a look at the pictures of blue and red bumpers, there is a reflection. Link below
http://pawasapo.co.jp/products/iphone/pjk60.php?category=iphone_5

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I was really close to getting one but noticed in some pictures while researching that the metallic versions have a shine on them. Not for me.

Shoot, thanks for pointing that out! Was so close to buying it until your comment! Looks like they put some sort of glossy coat on it. Poop.

----------

Yeah but it definitely is shiny. Look at the pics closely. There's some sort of glossy coating on it.

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
Im pretty sure that the silver does not shine, its the blue and red one that have it.

When I mean by shine, I mean a mirror like shine. All colors except for blue and red have a matte finish with little shine (like the i5 phone)

Take a look at the pictures of blue and red bumpers, there is a reflection. Link below
http://pawasapo.co.jp/products/iphone/pjk60.php?category=iphone_5

Well to tell you the truth, I can't really see a shine in the blue and red ones but all I can say is I'm glad i didn't get either colors, they're ugly.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I wanted the red also... but I'm waiting till Amazon sells the black at Prime prices. I'm glad someone mentioned the shine... because I was tempted to pull the trigger early on a red/black bumper. I like how my matte black power support air jacket looks on my iPhone 5... and how it doesn't even look like it has a case on it. I think the black flat bumper will be just as good.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Yes ! Thank you for that amazon link ! I just ordered the last silver and black for my black iPhone . Can't wait to get it . Although I wished they had the black one because I currently have the black air jacket and it looks amazing on my black iPhone . Will see , if I don't like it I'll return it .

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I hear form Chuwa (Japanese store) that the new red and blue ones have a self-healing coating. That may be what accounts for the shine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.